Nightingale87

DEAD-DEAD VS INSTA DEATH

@LaughingJack I havent opened the mod tools...long story. 

Is the insta-death linked to damage? if you can test by increasing damage value of another weapon it might lead somewhere

On 12/30/2019 at 6:34 AM, Zylfrax791 said:

Quite a few versions back had a obnoxiously high respawn timer for giving up whilst incapacitated. All this did was encourage people to go afk to make a sandwich, have a quick smoke or even take the dog out for a crap. Seriously. More than a few times I've had people tell me that when you'd ask them where they went.

So yeah, this is not a feature you want in any video game imho. That said, there does need to be a punishment method in a game where supposedly life has value and you're expected to wait for a medic. However, currently there is no such mechanic.

In the current version it still rewards the team that plays footloose and fancy free with their respawning because they can still have zero medics and just shooters flash mobbing the point. It's honestly quite obnoxious that a supposedly tactical game can be played like an old school Conquest shooter with successful results.

Case in point, a match on Friday evening on Yeho the one tryhard squad that kept pushing all the flags off of nothing but rally points eventually won us the match by around 60 tickets but the SL went 9/23 with the rest of his squad having similar k/D's. Then the guy is bragging about how he is "best squad"... Honestly he wasn't wrong on one hand however is that how a "tactical" game is supposed to work? I don't think so but what do I know?

killing is a means to an end. 

the problem is that people don't understand how defense works, and why defending "on" the point means you already lost.

On 16/01/2020 at 12:13 AM, suds said:

@LaughingJack I havent opened the mod tools...long story. 

Is the insta-death linked to damage? if you can test by increasing damage value of another weapon it might lead somewhere

i think it might be but i'm not sure as i've never actually found an "instadeath" setting, per-se - the trouble is it's not explicit in the Health settings or in Damage model, heck it could even be in the PlayerCharacter or similar.

for eg: i'd like to be able to call instadeath when you are shanked(anywhere) or head-shot, either of which could be done via the weapon or the character but most likely via the Character somehow (asking: if hit by X, then die; or if hit in X location, then die). but then you could also use the Damage model to force the head to have only 1 point so you drop from anything hitting your head but this still wont force instadeath and a trip straight to the deployment screen, so there's something else going on.

i'd really like to know where it's hidden :)

@Gatzby could we get some feedback from the relevant Dev on this, please :):)

BTW: there is no ambiguity between the words "Incapacitated" and "Wounded" in the context of this or any other game.

Incapacitated is quite explicit in it's meaning; Wounded generally means "hurt", in any gaming context.

Edited by Melbo
Removed unnecessary comment