dolmaface

Announcing Project Reality Inspired Mod ATHENA

Lets not turn this thread into another Squad vs PR debate/argument thread. I'm sure OP wants to just put the word out about his modification, and not have his thread flooded with arguments.

Have cleaned a few posts up.

Good luck with your mod mate.

@Dolmaface

Will the soldier's movements change too? More momentum inertia and a little less than maximum speed.
How do people not understand that the general soldier movement is the basis for making a FPS more tactical and cohesive, with less run and gun, less lone wolfing etc etc ...

Final warning, keep the thread on topic. Arguing and resorting to name calling is not the way to handle things. Further action will be taken if the moderation team has to return to this thread to throw water onto another flame war.

Thread has been cleaned up.

One thing that I really want in a game like this is a system where players can be revived, but only by medics.  Other players can drag the wounded, but that's it.  That and maybe some sort of mechanic where you can't give up when allies are within 100 meters. 

Just my 0.02s.

6 hours ago, Gondothlim said:

One thing that I really want in a game like this is a system where players can be revived, but only by medics.  Other players can drag the wounded, but that's it.  That and maybe some sort of mechanic where you can't give up when allies are within 100 meters. 

Just my 0.02s.

Devs have hit a hard rock trying to implement the BODY DRAGGING mechanic. Once it´s part of the game, then revives can be left to the medics. In the meantime, this mechanic Works fine.

17 hours ago, Dubs said:

Final warning, keep the thread on topic. Arguing and resorting to name calling is not the way to handle things. Further action will be taken if the moderation team has to return to this thread to throw water onto another flame war.

Thread has been cleaned up.

Thank you again and I apologize for my part of it. 

On the other hand, please note that some people may come to this thread just to be offensive, just because they don´t like the ideas here mentioned. And locking this thread might be exaclty what they want. 

Again. Good call.

On 1/8/2019 at 10:47 AM, Phoenixstorm said:

That should be in Vanilla Squad.

Agree. Maybe a little less punishing, bur definitely agree

Posted (edited)

My all cla will support this! Do you have a server?

Squad vanila is horrible, I threw my money in the trash!

Make squad great again!

Edited by danielritual

Posted (edited)
On 8/2/2019 at 3:54 AM, Tmac said:

@Dolmaface

Will the soldier's movements change too? More momentum inertia and a little less than maximum speed.
How do people not understand that the general soldier movement is the basis for making a FPS more tactical and cohesive, with less run and gun, less lone wolfing etc etc ...

In the future I will add updates to movement as well. First thing I want to focus on is the spawn mechanics

2 hours ago, danielritual said:

My all cla will support this! Do you have a server?

Squad vanila is horrible, I threw my money in the trash!

Make squad great again!

No not yet! I am looking for people interested in hosting, and might consider starting an official server if I can get enough people to help support it (A full 72 player server costs $72 per month!).

Edited by dolmaface

Posted (edited)

US East Coast.

I think the best solution though is to collaborate with a clan since the server will require moderation, and a community backing it.

edit: I bought a 20 player test server for the mod, check it out at

ATHENA Project Reality Mod Test Server

password: athena

Everything appears to be working

Edited by dolmaface

Posted (edited)

20 hours ago, Xeinar said:

Agree. Maybe a little less punishing, bur definitely agree

You need room for negotiations if someone said 300 and you say 100 you will most likely land on 200.

Edited by Phoenixstorm

7 hours ago, Phoenixstorm said:

You need room for negotiations if someone said 300 and you say 100 you will most likely land on 200.

Most punish is better

Posted (edited)

Amazing to see this happening, what I was hoping for from Squad. 

While the focus is on spawning for now, do you hope to make changes to medic/revival mechanics? Only medic reviving, everyone can revive but the revived player has way more sway than they do now and a darker screen, moves slower, etc. Currently I feel like players aren't nearly punished enough when revived by a none-medic. Aside from stamina you're pretty much still combat effective.

Best of luck, I'll try to help test when I can.

Any chance for a new Discord link, old one in the thread doesn't work.

Edited by Chompster

Posted (edited)
On 8/9/2019 at 5:46 PM, Chompster said:

Amazing to see this happening, what I was hoping for from Squad. 

While the focus is on spawning for now, do you hope to make changes to medic/revival mechanics? Only medic reviving, everyone can revive but the revived player has way more sway than they do now and a darker screen, moves slower, etc. Currently I feel like players aren't nearly punished enough when revived by a none-medic. Aside from stamina you're pretty much still combat effective.

Best of luck, I'll try to help test when I can.

Any chance for a new Discord link, old one in the thread doesn't work.

https://discord.gg/eep4pH6

Yes I will be considering making revive by non-medic players give more sway/darker screen/slower/etc... Since kits don't drop in Squad, I think it is okay that non-medic players can revive. This is basically a substitution for picking up med kits off the ground to revive whole squad, and body dragging. I agree it should be balanced though by making revived player super weak. Although, just thinking about this now, maybe it could be made so that non-medics can only revive downed medics...this way it isn't OP, and serves the same purpose as in PR.

Edited by dolmaface

On 7/31/2019 at 11:28 PM, fatalsushi said:

Just a few suggestions:

- You may want to rename the mod to make it more obvious what it’s all about. Even something simple like “Reality Mod.”

- Please make ATGMs and tank cannons do a realistic amount of damage. They are much deadlier in PR.

- More ground friction for realistic movement please.

and mortars