virusman

new DLC visuals

i want to congrat the team that worked on this canada DLC,

this new maps look far more interesting than the officials maps ... so i dont know if they are work for the OWI if not hire them and fire the old ones.

on the visual side i happy to say that all the maps are now look much more better with this new colors and contrast. ( almost sure the Antialiasing is actually working)

i happy to see that the devs got some new glasses and now they make colors of the maps looks good and have good contrast . 

also i happy to see the new fog in the game, smart decision as the game world details doesnt load that far anyway and its improve the performance of the game/

overall i happy to see this game going the right way... after...3 years of trying.....and now... the hype is over ...but still 

i sure that your next title will be good from the begging

Are you joking??? All graphics have been downgraded the fog is ridiculous 

the DLC is a mod made by modders and one map is terrible!! It looks like the moon 

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, virusman said:

i want to congrat the team that worked on this canada DLC,

this new maps look far more interesting than the officials maps ... so i dont know if they are work for the OWI if not hire them and fire the old ones.

on the visual side i happy to say that all the maps are now look much more better with this new colors and contrast. ( almost sure the Antialiasing is actually working)

i happy to see that the devs got some new glasses and now they make colors of the maps looks good and have good contrast . 

also i happy to see the new fog in the game, smart decision as the game world details doesnt load that far anyway and its improve the performance of the game/

overall i happy to see this game going the right way... after...3 years of trying.....and now... the hype is over ...but still 

i sure that your next title will be good from the begging

lol

Sorry, I can't say anything else

Edited by Tmac

41 minutes ago, ZXD_Lee said:

Are you joking??? All graphics have been downgraded the fog is ridiculous 

the DLC is a mod made by modders and one map is terrible!! It looks like the moon 

I have to agree with you.The game keeps looking worse and worse.I loved it when it was v10,v11 it was huge amount of fun.

Not like this days everyone has a scope,everyone can snipe you from far away even mashing gun can be used as a high power sniper rifle,there is still that low graphics abuse.And not to mention the at rockets needs to be fired from 100 meters away so it would activate.Why just way play with the things that actually work and no one was crying about why why decide to work and stuff that WORK fine.I cannot say how many times i wrote about rpg rockets and how thy are activated at what point after what time after how many meters i just cannot any more.As the developers will still decide to do something thy want.

maybe you are too old or hardcored to love it. 

but now it got more of the battlefield titles visual vibe and this its compliment the game.

in the begging the game tried to aim to look "real" but i sorry this engine cant support this.... so yeah we will compromise

The Canadian CADPAT is much lighter in colour compare with what we are having now. The current version looks like the uniform has be soaked in water for an hour and the infantry just leave the water dripping wet. I understand it is necessary to distinguish them between the Russian  EMR, but the current approach is frankly wrong. 

CADPAT

CADPAT digital camouflage pattern (Temperate Woodland variant)

EMR

File:Russia38.jpg

CADPAT has a much higher saturation than  the EMR counter part as shown. There is no reason to make it darker.

Its a fog game now with very bad visiuals. Sqaud was way better bevore going the causal road. Nict i have 90 to 200 fps now in very high, but i dont need that much fps

On 8/5/2019 at 7:14 PM, garack said:

Its a fog game now with very bad visiuals. Sqaud was way better bevore going the causal road. Nict i have 90 to 200 fps now in very high, but i dont need that much fps

well most of the other players do need that fps .

and honestly without fog all that world details that load are just waste of RAM .

4 minutes ago, virusman said:

well most of the other players do need that fps .

and honestly without fog all that world details that load are just waste of RAM .

Fog hides the viewable models such as a tree switching over to a lower polygon version with a lower quality texture. Increasing fog allows you decrease the distance at which this occurs so it increases performance in a sense. It's fun too play with in UE4 however some of the current maps have excessive fog in my opinion.

7 minutes ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Fog hides the viewable models such as a tree switching over to a lower polygon version with a lower quality texture. Increasing fog allows you decrease the distance at which this occurs so it increases performance in a sense. It's fun too play with in UE4 however some of the current maps have excessive fog in my opinion.

why to load them anyway ? there no need.....you cant see players in that distance any way....

and i rather have smooth gameplay rather beautiful skyline of the map

1 hour ago, LaughingJack said:

Q: if things beyond the fog are occluded by the fog, then are they even rendered?

It depends on which setting your view distance is on. On a bunch of Mestia layers for example with view distance on low the trees and certain buildings are literally gone after about 500 meters showing nothing but barren terrain through scopes etc. Any of the larger maps with elevation changes you see this as well.

Not a huge fan of the fog occlusion. Sure on some maps it feels right as it can happen in real life too but one of the selling points of Squad, at least for me, was the "unlimited" view distance as opposed to PR's very low view distance.

On 8/14/2019 at 8:34 PM, Zylfrax791 said:

It depends on which setting your view distance is on. On a bunch of Mestia layers for example with view distance on low the trees and certain buildings are literally gone after about 500 meters showing nothing but barren terrain through scopes etc. Any of the larger maps with elevation changes you see this as well.

yeah, the terrain-pop is also pretty bad, in one of my maps at least - not sure how it effects gameplay though.

i was wondering if there is something like: IS occluded (100%) by fog, from players POV, then don't render - regardless of view distance. (that Mestia thing sounds ugly)