Marco

Under water Radio

Posted (edited)

I'm split on this, on one hand, I think it's a stupid glitch and I find it funny this hasn't been addressed (to my knowledge). On the other, the way water works (or doesn't) at the moment it really isn't a huge problem unless it's unreachable.

And are military radios water proof when submerged for a long while?

Edit: Found another post about it, still a problem though

Edited by Marco

So as the radio can't transmit far in water should that reduce the distance you can build the HAB?

I'd rather see that it wasn't possible to cheese the radio placement in water,. We used to be able to place radios on top of a team mate to hide it in a tree but that's been removed. Time for the waterproof radio to go as well.

After over two years of not being addressed as a known "glitch" wouldn't a submerged FOB instead be considered a "feature" at this point?

But its still a glitch since you knew it was unreachable when you placed the radio so far under water that it was impossible to shovel down, as you admitted yourself shortly before you got banned for placing  2 radios under water.

As someone who often attacks and is condescending to players here on the forum, you sure set a low bar on your own integrity.

Edited by Jevski

12 minutes ago, Jevski said:

But its still a glitch since you knew it was unreachable when you placed the radio so far under water that it was impossible to shovel down, as you admitted yourself shortly before you got banned for placing  2 radios under water.

As someone who often attacks and is condescending to players here on the forum, you sure set a low bar on your own integrity.

Lmfao! What does "integrity" have to do with the programming (or lack thereof) of the game? By your own admission you're actually proving my point strangely enough. In fact, several other "competitive" servers not only condone placing FOB's underwater but many many times I've watched their own members participate in this "tactic". Needless to say, a lot of other servers have no specific rules regarding the subject at all. 

Needless to say, you've only further validated my point that there needs to be a consistent set of rules across the entire server browser instead of this hodge podge of ridiculous supplemental rules that are imposed arbitrarily on the general community. Thank you for helping reinforce that concept.

That said, I think the OP had a completely valid question that's especially relevant considering the fact that its been known about for over two years. So in that respect your assumption thats it's a "glitch" is technically incorrect at this point until we hear otherwise, correct?

why are they or have they ever been allowed to be deployed on or throuhg/under a water plane/volume.

first time i saw it in a vid i said "aww, that needs to be fixed, it's broken"

The point im making that Zyl does not get is that just because its possible, is not reason to do it. Its called having a high level of integrity and moral.

Its still possible to be glitched inside buildings, but that does not mean you should take advantage of it. It has nothing to do with global server rules or if devs has said its a glitch or not. But people like Zyl have this missing link somehow, having a hard time knowing the difference between right and wrong.

I used to have a friend much like him, that had same behavior towards others, both in text and social interaction. He is currenly serving a life sentence.

18 minutes ago, Jevski said:

The point im making that Zyl does not get is that just because its possible, is not reason to do it. Its called having a high level of integrity and moral.

Its still possible to be glitched inside buildings, but that does not mean you should take advantage of it. It has nothing to do with global server rules or if devs has said its a glitch or not. But people like Zyl have this missing link somehow, having a hard time knowing the difference between right and wrong.

I used to have a friend much like him, that had same behavior towards others, both in text and social interaction. He is currenly serving a life sentence.

You're hilarious. Virtue signalling "Integrity and Morality" in a first person shooter video game where for entertainment you drive around in little toy cars gunning down mud hut dwellers in capri pants. Yawn. You can't be serious.

Bottom line, guys like John Carmack, John Romero, Gabe Newell, Wes Eckhart, Tim Sweeney and Cliff Bleszinski all managed to make completely stand alone video games that didn't require "Mother" to hang around and watch. And they had entire armies of QA minions to fix bugs as well.

That said, if there is a simple error in a video game that has been completely known about for over two years and not fixed at some point the only rational conclusion user's could come to is that it isn't actually considered an error but a feature.

Anything the video game allows should be considered fair gameplay. As of this weekend the new meta is to suicide ram the other teams helicopter at the soonest possible chance and keep doing it the entire match. Quick! Better make new "no Heli ramming" rule Jevski!

1 hour ago, Zylfrax791 said:

That said, if there is a simple error in a video game that has been completely known about for over two years and not fixed at some point the only rational conclusion user's could come to is that it isn't actually considered an error but a feature.

With the longevity of the glitch you have to wonder. As a game based loosely in realism, to varying degrees though, I still believe it to be error rather than feature. Hopefully a dev is reading the forum and going 'Oh, we should really fix that' but due to their silence on their own official forum I doubt it.

@Gatzby get the word out to the team please.

Edited by Major Trouble

2 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

You're hilarious. Virtue signalling "Integrity and Morality" in a first person shooter video game where for entertainment you drive around in little toy cars gunning down mud hut dwellers in capri pants. Yawn. You can't be serious.

Bottom line, guys like John Carmack, John Romero, Gabe Newell, Wes Eckhart, Tim Sweeney and Cliff Bleszinski all managed to make completely stand alone video games that didn't require "Mother" to hang around and watch. And they had entire armies of QA minions to fix bugs as well.

Anything the video game allows should be considered fair gameplay. As of this weekend the new meta is to suicide ram the other teams helicopter at the soonest possible chance and keep doing it the entire match. Quick! Better make new "no Heli ramming" rule Jevski!

You maybe a little right about it.

However players can switch teams to see where are the enemy fob and hab is and report it over discord or just switch back to the friendly team and tell them the positions.But not a lot of players do it now do they.

You as well have SL that place a hab on the fob so you will loose a lot of time digging the hab to get to the fob.

Its normal to have people that will or will not place it under water either from a moral point of view or possible ban.

That brings me to the thing i was always saying there are a lot of stuff that needs to be addressed before simply putting in new content like heli’s or tanks.

Edited by Bahrein

16 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Anything the video game allows should be considered fair gameplay.

So tk'ing is fine by you? If I need the logi more than some random player then its a feature to get to use the asset for a more important hab.

Or if the anti-cheat does not catch an aimbot, thats also ok since the game allowes it?

Edited by Jevski

19 minutes ago, Jevski said:

So tk'ing is fine by you? If I need the logi more than some random player then its a feature to get to use the asset for a more important hab.

Or if the anti-cheat does not catch an aimbot, thats also ok since the game allowes it?

Maybe you're not up to speed but the game is programmed to auto kick at 5 now down from the previous 7.

What an external 3rd party program like EAC does or doesn't do is irrelevant to the programming of the game related to the topic.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, its been addressed on the Narva rivers, and will be addressed on Basrah.

I believe with some of these older type exploit bugs, the hope was to add in a fully revamped water system. That is still a "Wishlist" item, but for the time being, it is good to address any current exploits.

Thank you guys for reporting issues, this one should be fixed in a future update after some extensive QA since there is a fine line between fixing exploit and preventing players from placing FOB legitimately, which requires some testing to make sure all is good.

Also: Please be civil towards each other guys, cheers!