Minipops

Modding suggestion

I've said this before somewhere along the way i am sure. I'll say it again. Can we dispense with the Super Troopers and all this space bullshit mods please. There's other game companies out there that already do it, and way better. Not knocking the talent of the creators. I'm just saying that people play Squad for a reason, and shooting aliens isn't one of them.

My dream before i'm lowered into the ground would be mods.

#1 Vietnam Mod. Jungles, hooches, tunnel systems, trip wires, claymores, napalm, booby traps, rivers and river boats, valley's. chopper insertion....."Drool" Done via the Squad game model. Glorious!

#2 Special Forces. Like the old America's Army 2.X Night vision, suppressed SF rifles with under rail 203's, laser sights, acogs, flash bangs, zip tie soldier capturing.

My wet dream..

There are a bunch of people who have bought Squad to play the Troopers mod.

If you don't like it don't play it, but please don't demand people stop making the mods they want to make.

The beauty of mods is that they can take something like Squad and turn it into something completely different.

Are you working on any mods?

No one is demanding anything. But last i checked this community's servers and player base dominate the base game. Not Troopers mod.

I would bet that a Vietnam DLC done right would be huge. And likely the greatest Vietnam game ever created.

Edited by Minipops

Best you get into the Squad SDK and get busy if you don't like to play what other people have spent hours creating in their own time for people to play for free. 

Modding in games these days has been sadly lacking. Good on OWI for supporting mods and good on the guys willing to put time and effort into creating them. Loved the Star Wars mod for CoD etc and it can only be a good thing for the longevity of Squad. I'd love to see a Vietnam mod in the future but if some don't want to play it they have a choice. Same with the Troopers mod. What I don't want to see though is poor quality mods . Not sure how OWI can police that.

I have a suggestion for you, don't complain about stuff you don't even have to pay attention to if you don't like it. People make whatever they want, if you want a mod that nobody is creating, go do it yourself, or it'll likely never happen.

A tropical jungle map using a technique similar to the new canada jungle map seems pretty doable. the terrain in that canada map is really great...as long as you arent driving :)

what are the names of those new maps?