Hans

Rally point that contains ammunition

Hi
I just want to ask our community what they think and hopefully gain attention to modders or even a devs abour Rallypoints, RP in short. 
So, me and my friends was thinking some time ago about possibility to give RP more meaning than just a simple spawn point, my proposition is to make RP more uniqe by adding an option to rearm from it.
My vision is simple, Squad Leader's first RP will contain some ammo, like 200points and that ammo count will be drowing down untill SL will rearm at FOB.
Also rearm at RP will be avaliable only by the team that owns that RP. I belive 200points of extra ammo for a full squad is just for basic needs like bandages and magazines, also it might be used for more crucial moves like rearming a LAT or a HAT. 

#edited
Also im really sorry if someone posted something similar to my idea, there is 163 pages full of topics and i just can't read this all

Edited by Hans

The Devs with the latest versions are making the game more and more easy and casual (Buddy Rally - Death Death - no Momentum - no Suppression - soldier speed increase etc) ... so, no thanks. Stop make the game more and more casual plz.

When you die and spawn at the Rally you have always 3 mags and  bandages. And if you remain without ammunition for AT, GL, you will find other alternatives. It is called an APC or one is spawn to the FoB, one rearms oneself and tries an attack again.

Edited by Tmac

Nowadays APC's and IFV's takes the roles of independent unit, making they way trough enemy positions. And sure, we had many chances to rearm at APC that was passing by our positions. But i was aiming more to situations where there is no logistics around or your own team ended up far from nearest fob, and there is enemy vehicle presence that cutting you out from relocating to nearest frontline. I just can't give the numbers of how many times i ended up with no AT weapon available since we wasted all the ammo for an APC that just rtb after he took some hits with a LAT.
I'm not sure if my idea is such a gamechanger, 200ammo for a RP isn't much to setup own strongpoint, or harass whole transportation at MSR, but it can help you in the time of need

3 minutes ago, Rainmaker said:

We also need jet packs! Hell yeah!!

If this is all you want to say, then well... thanks for your opinion, your presence here at this forum must be unmatched

Don't you consider that as a good idea? We could put your rearm rallies up on the skyscrapers!!!

The same PRurist's that despise Buddy Rally's as being "unrealistic" & "gamey" are on the other hand completely ok with somebody driving a Logi over and plopping down an enormous star trek pillow fort transporter and ammo crate though "cuz realism".

Real "realism" would be no rally points of any kind, no ammo bags/crates, no fobs/habs of any kind and when you fully died you respawned at main but of course PR didn't have that so it wouldn't be real now would it?

I don't mind if game isn't fully realistic, personally i wouldn't bother playing in such games, i care more about gameplay than a full realism. Since Squad have good gameplay and can be realistic enough to be playable it's fine for me.
Let's back to a topic. If someone really looking for my idea to be ralistic then he can find that soldiers often carry extra ammo in thier backpacks especially light infantry, and they also seting up RPs just to drop extra waight a moment before action.
Whole idea might looks kinda overcomplicated for someone but on a bigger maps this mechanic will be usefull

16 minutes ago, Hans said:

I don't mind if game isn't fully realistic, personally i wouldn't bother playing in such games, i care more about gameplay than a full realism. Since Squad have good gameplay and can be realistic enough to be playable it's fine for me.
Let's back to a topic. If someone really looking for my idea to be ralistic then he can find that soldiers often carry extra ammo in thier backpacks especially light infantry, and they also seting up RPs just to drop extra waight a moment before action.
Whole idea might looks kinda overcomplicated for someone but on a bigger maps this mechanic will be usefull

Considering riflemen already carry spare ammo packs, it would make more sense that they would have to drop their ammo at the RP. Which, can already be done. So I don't see this being added, well, i hope not. We're already seeing more and more people moving away from fully utilising logistics. 

I honestly don't think rally points need yet another buff, they are already incredibly OP, if anything they need to be nerfed, a lot.

Theres this amazing thing called rifleman that have 100 ammo in a bag in addition to all their own ammo and kit. Maybe if there average squad stopped consisting of every special kit known to man, they would be able to operate independently and free for more than 10 minutes.

And its part of the game: Stay near your teams logistics lines and be mostly set for ammo, or push off the line and risk being cut off and dry. Its really not that hard.

On 2019-07-27 at 9:13 AM, Zylfrax791 said:

The same PRurist's that despise Buddy Rally's as being "unrealistic" & "gamey" are on the other hand completely ok with somebody driving a Logi over and plopping down an enormous star trek pillow fort transporter and ammo crate though "cuz realism".

Real "realism" would be no rally points of any kind, no ammo bags/crates, no fobs/habs of any kind and when you fully died you respawned at main but of course PR didn't have that so it wouldn't be real now would it?

At least a logi can ostensibly transport troops and equipment... I don't think HABs should be able to spawn troops indefinitely without resupply, but most folks seem against making logistics are larger part of the game.

25 minutes ago, pinko said:

At least a logi can ostensibly transport troops and equipment... I don't think HABs should be able to spawn troops indefinitely without resupply, but most folks seem against making logistics are larger part of the game.

That's because Squad now mostly attracts players looking for a "hardcore" Battlefield mod rather than a tactical experience where you have to put in a bit of work to be useful for your team besides making epic killstreaks.

Rally points are incredibly overpowered, case in point you can now win games without ever building a single FOB. You can even  bring ammo in pretty much every vehicle, why do people constantly demand that the game is made even easier than it already is? 

I distinctly remember getting ridiculed a few months back when I used the slippery slope argument regarding the trend of making the game more "accessible" (i.e., easy, arcade, casual), yet here we are. A few versions from now we'll be discussing if we even need persistent ammo, because it would be more useful if we just spawned fully rearmed each time. Was there ever a line, or does it just keep getting re-drawn further back?

23 minutes ago, MultiSquid said:

That's because Squad now mostly attracts players looking for a "hardcore" Battlefield mod rather than a tactical experience where you have to put in a bit of work to be useful for your team besides making epic killstreaks.

I agree, and while this gameplay can be fun at times I'm hoping the modding community will come up with something different.

Rallypoint with ammo could be cool if it actually took ammo to spawn on the map (to equip the 3 mags and 2 bandages). This would limit the rally and HAB mechanics to require resupply in order to keep troops on the field. Of course, this would have a big impact on the meta as maintaining supply lines would become more important than pushing bodies on the cap.