THE ULITMATE DECISION POLL: SQUAD GORE

Do you want to get more gore in Squad?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Squad Gore

• Yes
    • Don't care

Posted (edited)

Hello Boys,

Here a question poll. Do you want more gore in Squad? Let's push this topic to get a decision from the devs.

EDIT: WE NEED A SOLUTION. LETS FIGURE IT OUT TOGETHER SQUAD!

IF YOU WISH THAT GORE WILL BE AVIABLE ON EVERY SERVER, THIS MEANS, BECOME AN OFFICIAL PART OF THE GAME. VOTE AND SUPPORT US.

LET OFFWORLD HEAR YOUR SHOUT / REQUEST!

Greetings

David

Edited by David_Armstrong1988

Revive this topic boys. All vote, lets make this topic famous. Otherwise the devs will not see our request. So many ppl are talking how cool it would be to have gore. But now, nobody votes...  :(

Posted (edited)

Want some gore? Make a mod, geez
Did you ever bothered yourself to read some stuff here? Like for example a FAQ?

"Gore body parts? 
There will be NO! gore added into this game but when modding becomes available fill free to get creative"

Edited by Hans

4 hours ago, Hans said:

Want some gore? Make a mod, geez
Did you ever bothered yourself to read some stuff here? Like for example a FAQ?

"Gore body parts? 
There will be NO! gore added into this game but when modding becomes available fill free to get creative"

Geez yeag man make the entire game yourself man... geez.

This has been a hot topic for years, and has been discussed countless times. 

The TLDR; OWI wont implement gore into Squad, for not only personal reasons, but for professional reasons as well. 

Also, it helps to have a poll with non bias options, with a bit of maturity as well, or people might not take you or your thread seriously.

Insurgency Sandstorm has over the top gore but it's still a goofy pile of fisher price trash compared to the previous game Insurgency. Personally I really like subtle blood spray feedback and groaning of Squad. I love having someone taking wild pop shots at me and missing, dropping down prone, waiting until their footsteps get closer and then underhanding a nade over the wall hearing that satisfying groan and gurgle. That's hilarious compared to any mindless giblet festival.

I wouldn't be opposed to gore & giblets in Squad but it would have to be a very rare occurrence and completely linked with events that would actually cause it in real life. That way when you did happen it would take you by surprise. If anybody could implement gore in a tasteful manner that made sense then it would be these guys.

Posted (edited)

Oh guys, finally we a discusion starts.

First, thank you for the support Mr. SpecialAgentJohnson and Mr. Company XO.

Second @Company Commander: You are in right. It would be better to keep the choices for the voting more serious. But it's me :D

I have black humor. I thought the choices would be funny. :) Sorry.

Third @Zylfrax791 yes, you are also in right! 100% my opinion. I also don't want senseless flying of heads and corpses, arms, lags etc. like in Fallout Games.

Why i want gore in this game?

Squad ist the KING of the KINGS. This game deserves realistic gore with sense. The devs are smart/skilled enough to add gore. I make a speculation. I think they are not lazy, they just have their own prioritys (roadmap) what to add or change, how improve the game in future. To add gore to this game they need a loud shout from the community, a request. That's why i want to bring this topic forward again. Many ppl are talking and talking, but they are not posting it in official forums. From my point of view, i saw that the devs were listening to the community since kickstarter. Gore will make this game grater.

I want this, because i love this game and i wish that Squad will become the ultimate military pvp game. Not only the king of military pvp games. When it comes to PVP, Squad is better than ArmA III. And this words are coming from a guy which played all titles from Operation Flashpoint from Bohemia Interactive to ArmA III. So let me explain in Detail.

GORE SUGGESTION IN DETAIL:

It's difficult to explain this in english. Because my motherlanguage is german. But i will give my best to make you understand.

As you see, we have already gore in Post Scriptum. If you don't know what Post Scriptum is, it's the Younger brother of Squad which has the theather of World War II. Awesome game as well. So since i saw the video from the gore showcase of Post Scriptum, i know it is possible to add something like this to squad. Both have the same engine, same gameplay and both are kickass. We could take the systems from Post Scriptum and script it to squad like this:

Translated with google.

A system is queried. This system has implemented a directory that refers to the all calibers, as well as the related damage. If a player shoots with a small caliber weapon on different body parts, then different damages are created.

I took some of calibers. Let's say we take 7.62x39 mm as an example. To explain how the system reacts.

After a hit (with 7,62x39 mm) on:

Head:

results in permanent death, blood with 3D hole textures are added to the head. Or maybe even more (if technicaly/performance possible), model of head is changed, part of the head is missing.

Torso:

1 hit results in serious injury, blood textures are added to the chest and back. But not to much. Only few stains.

you can bandage yourself. Textures disaper if you patched yourself up. Everything fine.

No bandage? Results in unconsciousness. Like we have already in squad.

2 hits + results in unconsciousness, blood textures are added to the chest and back. But not to much. Only few stains.

3 hits +  no revive possible, shock, permantent death.

Arms:

1 hit results in injury, blood textures are added to the arms. But not to much. Only few stains.

2 hits + results in unconsciousness, blood textures are added to the arms and hands. But not to much. Only few stains.

3 hits + dismemberment of arm L/ arm R, no revive possible, shock, permanent death.

Legs:

1 hit results in injury, blood textures are added to leg. But not to much. Only few stains.

2 hits + results in unconsciousness, blood textures are added to the leg. But not to much. Only few stains.

3 hits dismemberment of leg L / leg R, no revive possible, shock, permanent death.

Compare this system to behavior with 5.56×45mm NATO

Head:

results in permanent death, blood with 3D hole textures are added to the head. No dismemberment like with 7,62x39 mm

Torso:

1 hit results in serious injury, blood textures are added to the chest and back. But not to much. Only few stains.

you can bandage yourself. Textures disaper if you patched yourself up. Everything fine.

No bandage? Results in unconsciousness. Like we have already in squad.

2 hits + results in unconsciousness, blood textures are added to the chest and back. But not to much. Only few stains.

3 hits +  no revive possible, shock, permantent death.

Arms:

1 hit results in injury, blood textures are added to the arms. But not to much. Only few stains.

2 hits + results in unconsciousness, blood textures are added to the arms and hands. But not to much. Only few stains.

3 hits + NO dismemberment of arm L/ arm R, no revive possible, shock, permanent death.

Legs:

1 hit results in injury, blood textures are added to leg. But not to much. Only few stains.

2 hits + results in unconsciousness, blood textures are added to the leg. But not to much. Only few stains.

3 + hits NO dismemberment of leg L / leg R, no revive possible, shock, permanent death.

7.62x39mm

.32 ACP

5.45x39mm

7.62×51mm NATO

5.56×45mm NATO

etc.

Last example 84mm rocket

depending on player to explosion radius,

0 - 5 m dismemberment of legs, arms, head, corpses take off in the air.

5 - 10 m ragdoll engine acceleration, blood textures added to whole body. A lot of little holes, shrapnel holes in the uniform etc.

This distances are only an example, it should be set according to real death zone of each rocket/grenade/explosion device like C4 etc.

What do you think about it?

P.S. Dev Team have to answer, listen, i dont want to insult you, dont understand this wrong. But if this is about cash and i know, your time should be paid, because nothing in our world is for free, let us know how much cash you need for this task.

Open kickstarter donation or whatever, let us know how much cash you need and where we can donate.

Many players and me really want to see this in official squad. Not as a mod.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Jevski said:

So where is the option to vote NO!

Good evening Mr. Jevski

The option to vote "No!" doesn't make sense to us. So that's the reason why you can only choose between "don't care" and "yes". If you don't wish gore in squad you will be able to deactive the textures and model changes in the game graphics menu. That's our plan.

We want to achive this improvement even if we have to donate to the OFFWORLD DEV TEAM. Of course we would like to know if OFFWORLD will do this, if we donate. We need the amount of cash. And bank account with statistics (how much has been paid), similiar to kickstarter, so we will be able to donate for this project.

5 hours ago, David_Armstrong1988 said:

The option to vote "No!" doesn't make sense to us. So that's the reason why you can only choose between "don't care" and "yes". If you don't wish gore in squad you will be able to deactive the textures and model changes in the game graphics menu. That's our plan.

If you're combining the 'Don't care' and 'No' votes as one then you're just as bad as OWI with their biased community vote about buddy rallies. This is not a reliable poll. You might as well put the 'Don't cares' into the 'Yes' votes and say 100% of people want gore in Squad. 

3 hours ago, Major Trouble said:

If you're combining the 'Don't care' and 'No' votes as one then you're just as bad as OWI with their biased community vote about buddy rallies. This is not a reliable poll. You might as well put the 'Don't cares' into the 'Yes' votes and say 100% of people want gore in Squad. 

Good Morning Mr. Trouble, as i wrote before. Its doenst make sense to have the option to vote no. Because if you dont wish gore in this game, you can switch it off like in ArmA III. Actually this us how the gore should look like. The same as ArmA.

As OWI don't want to lose the chinese market, this pole is useless. Because the chinese don't want blood and gore in their games, look at the ch. PUBGS version.

Posted (edited)

Mr. Armstrong having a non democratic and biased vote about a topic thats already been said wont happen by the Devs dosent make sense to Us.

There is no need to put Yes in the vote because you could just mod it yourself. Instead the vote should say.

Who wants to help making a gore mod?

followed by

Who wants to beat a dead horse.

I will on the otherhand, not vote, but rather give the thread one star.

Edited by Jevski

Hello Mr. Axel and Mr. Jevski. 

Mr. Axel, if OWI cares that much about chinese market, they could add this as a free option to the graphics menu. As an example. Lets imagine there is a gore upgrade, afrer download and first start of the game a window opens. You have to choose your country, if you choose uk, ger, pl, etc etc full gore mode can be choosen in the graphics menu. If you choose china, the gore option is not activated. So chinese guys cant have gore.

Or algorithm which check where you from. If you from China you can't play with gore.

What do you think about this idea?

Mr. Jevski, I would help creating gore mod if I would have skill as artist, to create new blood decals and models and if I would know how to add different textures to a modell if xyz happens.

Unfortunately I am not skilled to create something like this. I can only imagine and say how it should be, to be realistic and not to much gore.

Posted (edited)

Yeah that convinced me.

So use time and money for something 10 players so far wants, against using time and money to make sure several thousand Chinese players don't get to see blood. Makes sense.

Again, then go raise money to to play someone to make a mod. OWI had said no why do you keep beating a dead horse

Edited by Jevski

1 minute ago, Jevski said:

Yeah that convinced me.

So use time and money for something 10 players so far wants, against using time and money to make sure several thousand Chinese players don't get to see blood. Makes sense.

Hey :) not only 10 guys wants to have gore. There are more ppl. Unfortunately I don't know why, but this forum topic is not used.

Around 200 viewes but only 14 votes.

Every player that i know from germany, poland, and uk wish more gore in squad.

The thing is, not everyone know about this vote poll.

I will run a stream about gore on friday. And I will tell everybody to visit this forum.

There are not thousands of chinese players in squad. Maybe the country is big, but they dont have more players than uk and germans in squad. 

Nah .. squad dont need gore.

I think there are more important topics than gore.

instead of gore i whould prefer a little bit of blood if u get hitted .. nothing more.

1 hour ago, Dawn said:

Nah .. squad dont need gore.

I think there are more important topics than gore.

instead of gore i whould prefer a little bit of blood if u get hitted .. nothing more.

Holy moly, gore means more blood and decals...so this topic is about a little more blood.