Gatzby

Canadian Armed Forces Deployed!

Hey squaddies!

We’ve got some fresh reinforcements incoming: The Canadian Armed Forces are now fully deployed! That’s right, there’s a brand new faction in Squad and it’s already yours, completely free.

Originally known as CAFMOD, the team behind the new faction is straight from our modding community. We’re honored to be able to include them as official content for all players. What content is that, you ask?

cafmod.jpg

So, what are you waiting for, soldier? Do it for The Great White North!

OFFWORLD OUT.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Gatzby said:

Can I test the weapons in the training camp? Is there any way to change factions? Thank you

Edited by xxptamo7xx

Posted (edited)

Aaand there's the first bolt-action sniper rifle. I'm sure the kids will be delighted, cue the rapid influx of sniper montages (yay).

You guys realize that every faction in the game now needs one and players won't stop crying until they get it, right? Who screwed up the veto on this one?

But hey, I get it - people who love snipers have wallets too.

Edited by MultiSquid

can we expect a larger number of nations as a free DLC? Or is this only the result of the good will of the creators?

This is fantastic! I've always admired Canada as a nation and a military and I'm always chuffed to see more factions and vehicles.

Quite the pleasant surprise you've dropped on us out of nowhere!

3 hours ago, MultiSquid said:

Aaand there's the first bolt-action sniper rifle. I'm sure the kids will be delighted, cue the rapid influx of sniper montages (yay).

You guys realize that every faction in the game now needs one and players won't stop crying until they get it, right? Who screwed up the veto on this one?

But hey, I get it - people who love snipers have wallets too.

Thats right. We should have had a sniper kit with working bipod A LOOOOOONG time ago already.

Posted (edited)

What did the Mod Team get in return from OWI?

Edited by Axel

When will this new .338sniper be one shot one kill?

Now got just the same damege of DMR, simple useless.

Posted (edited)

The timberwolf is a cool gun but not very useful. It's a bit easier to one shot people i guess but also harder to follow up a shot. And the ammo count is too low. A good player will hit maybe 1 in 5 rounds at 400 meters with it. And with like 25 rounds.... I will try it for sure but i would be surprised if it is as good as the M110.

DMR are not equal in damage afaik, the SVD hits harder between ~3-500 meters.

Edited by Pluto is a planet
adding stuff

6 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Nanisivik is an interesting map proving that less is more sometimes.

Yeah i really like it, at first look i thought it wasn't going to, but it just works.

Posted (edited)

Nanisvik looks good and should bring some true arctic warfare to the game. But it does need some rework. The sand colored rock isnt rare to so far north. It should be grey with patches of green, something like this:

1200px-New_Arctic_Bay_Airport.jpg

As it is now there are nowere to hide and you can spot enemies several miles away (almost).

It is also a heli map. Warfare in such terrain would be done almost exclusively with helicopters and light ATV:s. 

Edited by Pluto is a planet
adding stuff

Great addon! Gotta love Nanisivik map! Trailer doesn't do justice for that map! It's brilliant! Great atmosphere!

10 hours ago, ComplainersFFS said:

Two new maps woot woot. New guns woot woot.

When can we get Fallujah!!! I want some modern urban combat asap like Aleppo.

Yeah me too! More middle eastern maps. They are the best. 

Posted (edited)

Nice work from the Caf team! Are they still working on the Canadian Faction by adding more maps, vehicles, and weapons or is this all we're getting?

Edited by WarEagle751

Hopefully the great reception the CAF mod / maps have received will encourage the Squad France guys to dig deep and get their mod / maps up for release. There hasn't been an update on their WIP for a while, quite understandable given the amount of work they must have put in to get their Foreign Legion mod and Central Africa map looking so good.

This was a cool surprise. I also like how we finally have a really open map with little vegetation.

12 hours ago, scoobi said:

Hopefully the great reception the CAF mod / maps have received will encourage the Squad France guys to dig deep and get their mod / maps up for release. There hasn't been an update on their WIP for a while, quite understandable given the amount of work they must have put in to get their Foreign Legion mod and Central Africa map looking so good.

you can find a small update in the latest wrench however.

1 hour ago, saXoni said:

Should we be expecting non-free DLCs too?

From the sounds of this ancient fossilized thread all the way to recent statements to me the narrative is that DLC will always be free...