TomReagan

More C4 or increase the damage

2 hours ago, Barbarossa said:

The point is, if you need a whole squad to get to the radio the placing of c4 is senseless.... they just dig it and thats it. c4 doesn't matter any more...

its even rediculously weak against any vehicles....

It speeds up the process significantly which justifies it. C4 is not some spec ops James Bond explosive that you slap on a moving tank, it's for demolition.

On 24.7.2019 at 4:05 AM, Stom said:

Sure, if someone is guarding the FOB constantly or it's been entombed in fortifications then that's harder for a lone CE to do, but neither of those defenses is interesting gameplay for the defenders whereas defending a FOB from a full squad is.

And that is why I am then for removing the C4 completely and replace it with a useful asset like a shaped charge to kill a tank. 

You pointed pretty much out how the CE nerf is there to cover up mistakes made by the enemy team in FOB defence. There are already game mechanics implemented which made a FOB kill hard to achieve but these mechanics dont get used and therefore the nerf is balancing out sloppy decisions from the enemy. And actually you made another worrying point which is that a destroyable FOB is no interesting gameplay...which also implies that C4 is useless af. 

3 hours ago, TomReagan said:

And that is why I am then for removing the C4 completely and replace it with a useful asset like a shaped charge to kill a tank. 

You pointed pretty much out how the CE nerf is there to cover up mistakes made by the enemy team in FOB defence. There are already game mechanics implemented which made a FOB kill hard to achieve but these mechanics dont get used and therefore the nerf is balancing out sloppy decisions from the enemy. And actually you made another worrying point which is that a destroyable FOB is no interesting gameplay...which also implies that C4 is useless af. 

You're thinking of C4 in the wrong context. It isn't meant to kill a tank or cancel out a FOB.

C4 and the other faction equivalents are just meant for demolition of vehicle wrecks and fortifications as well as a force multiplier against FOBs and vehicles (in edge cases).

This game is about working together and if you make C4 too capable it makes teamwork less necessary.

On 22.7.2019 at 5:07 PM, Jevski said:

Place C4 and wait 10 seconds. Shovel it down for 6-7 seconds. Runaway.

Currently you place the radio inside the HUB again for it to be impossible to dig down the radio. Even with the UI showing "Press right click to dig down the radio" you dig down the HUB instead of the radio in any stage of the HUB structure. There are even spots on the map where you can build a radio and an HUB and placing C4 at any position pushes it around 5m away because of collisin boxes. Also a radio with health reduced to 75% to block the spawning does only block the chance to queue up in there. Already queued enemies will still spawn.

So simply destroying an HUB was made far more difficult than it should be in certain situations.

On 7/20/2019 at 11:35 AM, [TASLI] Mazu said:

Devs please dont do this with us!

I'm playing the CE since it showed up and before it, the Scout was my main.

I had at least 100 hours in CE until v15 but u totally wrecked it. 

The CE cannot defend himself agains distant fire, u stole 1 C4 from him, and now you made the last C4 totally useless. I'm very angry for this. 

And the bonus is that, SL-s are bugging other objects (eg. repair station) over the radio, so we have to dig down those first unseen.

Tom is right. If a CE can reach the hearth of the FOB than that team did something wrong and it deserves to be destroyed.

Irl a single grenade could destroy a radio. Pls dont make this game arcade.

If you look at the recent squad chat here: 

You will see the reasoning behind why they got rid of the idea of a single C4 destroying a radio.  I forgot where exactly in the video it was, sorry.

On 7/20/2019 at 11:35 AM, [TASLI] Mazu said:

"Irl a single grenade could destroy a radio. Pls dont make this game arcade."

"Tom is right. If a CE can reach the hearth of the FOB than that team did something wrong and it deserves to be destroyed."

If you want to talk about realism then know that irl combat engineers are too valuable and too few in numbers to send behind enemy lines looking for assets on their own to destroy so a single loss of a CE is a massive blow to a military force.  Making C4 do less damage to radios does not make the game arcadey.  Far from it, Squad is a team based game with REALISTIC ASPECTS to it.  Though some of those aspects are sacrificed to support the function of teamwork which is why the game is called Squad.  The fact that you sneak into an enemy FOB by yourself is contrary to this theme, hence you are not playing as a squad.  So in order to fight this behavior the devs lowered the damage given by C4.

The bigger question you should all be asking instead is how are Engineer's "finding" FOB's so easily in the first place? I think every single one of us have hidden a FOB in a place we thought was really good and then placed the HAB the maximum allowable distance away or even better yet only placed just a mortar or atgm as far away as possible and yet 5 minutes later "poof"... its gone. It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure out how these FOB's are being discovered so easily.

Once the Commander role is implemented something needs to be done to limit the visibility of FOB's only to the Commander and SL's in order to reduce or perhaps eliminate the excessive amount of ghosting that's going on in during the match.

On 7/22/2019 at 11:17 AM, Zylfrax791 said:

Nevermind the fact in a lot of matches you've got people sitting AFK ghosting for their buddies on the other team and/or on their own switching teams and then miraculously "finding" FOB's as well.

This is even more reason to implement my idea to make FOB's only visible to squad leaders and completely disable the map for player's that haven't joined a squad.

Or stream sniping! Also good idea bolded.

But yeah the C4 not destroying the radio isn't such a hindrance as the OP describes. I thought for sure being right next to a HAB setup for the 10000000th time in the second floor of Train Depot in Narva, once I put the C4 down and started digging a bit they would hear it and ice me... but I was fine.

Most times if you can manage to sneak in and plant a C4 charge the engineer can take the 10 seconds to dig down the radio enough for it to completely blow up. The change barely affected that meta,

If the devs really wanted to make it super difficult to destroy the radio they would make the dig time for an engineer more than the 30 seconds it takes for the C4 to detonate.

On 22/07/2019 at 6:17 PM, Zylfrax791 said:

Nevermind the fact in a lot of matches you've got people sitting AFK ghosting for their buddies on the other team and/or on their own switching teams and then miraculously "finding" FOB's as well.

This is even more reason to implement my idea to make FOB's only visible to squad leaders and completely disable the map for player's that haven't joined a squad.

Honestly in a team based game like this the game mechanic should be programmed so that a player has to either join or start a squad in order to even spawn in let alone see the map and all its Intel.

I hate those kind of players. Those cheats serve no purpose in Squad as their are no prizes or upgrades for winning other than spoiling everyone's enjoyment.

I would like to see the devs implement something that makes it more difficult to do but even your suggestions can't fully remove those cheaters from the game.

10 hours ago, pownageboy said:

If you look at the recent squad chat here: 

Was at 35:55 https://youtu.be/GBV5puM_Gps?t=2155

So they want to prevent the radio beeing destroyed by a single player because they don't like how the engineer class was played?

Uff, that argumentation got me, totally. But it's fine for two guys behind a wall within 30m radius to block an HUB? - that's just a bit more than 1/5 of a whole Squad! They did less than the engineers who where sneaking to the radio, choosing a path and searching for a way to get to the radio.

Need to break down the points they came up with what a combat engineer can do.

1. Minefields: No. Unless you got 15 minutes and seperate yourself from the own squad anyway, like the lonely ranger that snuks around and places the C4 on radios this won't work. Too few mines and ammo crates/boxes are not where you want to build up a minefield. Vise versa the options to move around specific spots is huuuuuge. Mines on bridges are normal. Most bridges don't need to be used. Simply drive around them through the swallow water. Mines evaded. So a sapper placing mines is just an hinerdance to slow down the game, since most vehicles just loose their tracks/wheels and do not get destroyed instantly any more.
  2. Repair box: Sappers are not near any vehicle that needs repair normaly. Also if you really need someone to repair a vehicle, you spawn as a vehicle crew, repair the vehicle and move it to the main - that's a most case scenario.
  3. Valuable assets: Did any combat engineer ever place sandbags somehwere they were usefull? Most of the times you can't really hide behind them, you can't add another one because they're diffrent from the ones a SL can build. Maybe the barbed wire is fine but they are maybe build once in a game by an inexperienced SL to "secure the radio".
  4. Blowing up wreckage: As with the mines..... evade them is easier.

There are literally endless ways to secure a radio from getting blown by a single sapper when the FOB is manned. When V12 was implemented the radio was moved out of HUB range to prevent vehicles rushing a FOB to instantly destroy the radio as well. With the change to sappers to oneshot the radios, they were not placed in range again or placed so that you can have an easy look at the radio, the HUB blocking the entrace to the radio....

Still, the insurgent/militia sapper can use the triggered explosives to destroy a radio in one hit.

I think they needed a change for the militia/insurgent to actually still have an usefull asset and prevent those glitching objects ending in a defeat.

As said before, currently objects placed inside other objects that are larger will end in the bigger object beeing dug down. Radio inside HUB - HUB goes down. C4 on radio - radio goes down. C4 inside HUB - HUB goes down.......

The current problem is not that C4 was nerfed to prevent a single player to destroy it by just placing C4. It's that the shifting to the radio beeing glitched inside objects to prevent digging to actually go the further step on how they still allow a single sapper to act in this matter. Or even worse, the sapper beeing unable to even place C4 near the HUB/radio because of the colission boxes.

Edited by Mybrainisanut

5 hours ago, Major Trouble said:

I hate those kind of players. Those cheats serve no purpose in Squad as their are no prizes or upgrades for winning other than spoiling everyone's enjoyment.

I deal with it as follows:

*** swaps teams: "I know where the enemy radio is"

Kicked from squad.

I say on SL channel "I just kicked *** from my squad as he is giving enemy intel, please also kick him"

In ChatToAll: Admin, *** is sharing enemy intel.

Typically this results in a kick/ban.

Name and shame.

30 minutes ago, suds said:

I deal with it as follows:

*** swaps teams: "I know where the enemy radio is"

Kicked from squad.

I say on SL channel "I just kicked *** from my squad as he is giving enemy intel, please also kick him"

In ChatToAll: Admin, *** is sharing enemy intel.

Typically this results in a kick/ban.

Name and shame.

Bit extreme for what can simply be a innocent lack of judgement. I'd rather you initially just told them to keep that info to themselves as it spoils the game and is seriously frowned on by the community. If they insist then by all means bring down the ban hammer.

Been waiting for the c4 nerf. We already have enough lone wolf marksmens and HATs. We don't need another reason for people to run off on their own. I see more sappers than marksmens going Rambo nowadays. The game is called "Squad". Thank you OWI.