EA_SUCKS

ROADMAP - but why?

http://joinsquad.com/roadmap/

finally a roadmap...  but I wish this was released, hum, 3 years ago? :/

anyway, this roadmap is so mediocre, sorry to say, so little information that might aswell not give us a roadmap at all

besides, I could predict that choppers would come soon (V16/V17) and that the BETA/commander was close to be released too

so.. nothing new there, unless they will detail the roadmap at anytime with more info, because right now, nothing new/or almost no info

the only thing that I wasnt sure was about new factions, good to see, we need them

just for comparison, Sandstorm's roadmap, thats a roadmap:

http://newworldinteractive.com/sandstorm-roadmap/

I didnt catch the chat live today, but will listen to it on weekend... I hope for good news!

Something is better than nothing. gives a little insight to what major content that have planned for the next major updates. You also have to take into consideration that with the new 4 - 6 week patch cadence, can't really say extra X content/feature/mechanic will be in, as it might miss the deadline for release.

Also, the Squad chat this morning is full of info; In-depth commander feature discussion, talk on Gary, Insta death, Buddy rally, Movement inertia/momentum etc etc

10 minutes ago, budder8818 said:

Where is the 100 player server's on the road map? 

my guess would be in: BETA 1 (after or with opitimization)

hasn't there been a roadmap since kickstarter? pretty sure there has been and this is just the 'new' shinier version minus the prequels.

that Sandstorm roadmap (i'm calling MudMap) is an unordered carpark and when read is basically just a forward looking update.

i found this definition: The project roadmap is a graphical, high level overview of the project's goals and deliverables presented on a timeline.

call me pedantic ;)

Insurgency sandstorm is just a slightly more realistic version of Counter Strike. Sqaud and Insurgency play different roles. He'll I played insurgency way back when it was a half life 2 mod. Back then it was much closer to squad then it is now.

Edited by tmpwhore

I'm cool with the roadmap.  Really excited for the Commander role.  I want to see how that plays out.

With games this old, I'm happy they're STILL developing it.  At this stage lots of games just give you "here's a patch, we did 2 bug fixes".

You're getting actual real content, be happy!

7 hours ago, Squad4Life said:

I'm cool with the roadmap.  Really excited for the Commander role.  I want to see how that plays out.

With games this old, I'm happy they're STILL developing it.  At this stage lots of games just give you "here's a patch, we did 2 bug fixes".

You're getting actual real content, be happy!

This. Most of the gameplay related stuff has been ironed out. They said it after they released v14 (I think) that content would be added more often. By this time next year we will probably be getting nothing but factions and maps.

On 23/10/2019 at 6:06 PM, Geebus said:

By this time next year we will probably be getting nothing but factions and maps.

I certainly hope thats not the case... Got lots planned - not "just factions and maps."

16 hours ago, fuzzhead said:

I certainly hope thats not the case... Got lots planned - not "just factions and maps."

Spoiler

Fast ropes!

On 10/25/2019 at 1:53 PM, fuzzhead said:

Serve me some insights big boi ;)