Sign in to follow this  
MeFirst

Controls for vehicle menu/entering

Did not find anything fitting via search function. If I missed a existing thread about this, please merge my post into it or ignore it. ;-)

First let me say I like the new logistic functionality on the vehicle menu. But what has been keeping bugging me for a while is how you access the vehicle menu. Right now it is like this:

• Press & hold the enter button to bring up the menu and enter the vehicle. 
  • If you hold the button down long enough you will enter the vehicle
  • If you access a menu button and press you will not enter the vehicle

So let's say I want to re-arm on a vehicle. I have to press and hold the enter vehicle button and hit the rearm option before I enter the vehicle to stop that interaction. 

This feels clunky and weird and can result in you frantically hitting something just in order to not enter a vehicle. 

So I would suggest the following. Give us maybe 1-2 options that we can set in the gameplay/control settings.

• Simple button press will either open the vehicle menu or make you enter the vehicle.
  • Button hold will either open the vehicle menu or will make you enter a vehicle.

Would be great if players could choose the option that feels more natural to them.

Cheers

Edited by MeFirst

The new radial menu system seems pretty intuitive to me and dovetails nicely with the rest of the similar style interfaces that are in the game. I like uniformity of the systems. For me the overall priority for vehicles is unflipping and getting unstuck from random objects.

could move the central option to the side so it is clearer what choice you are making, reduce accidental operation.

Eg

Keep the centre empty.

Top left enter driver [F1]

Top centre enter/exit /Claim vic / request vic from SL

Top right enter next seat [F2/F3/... ]

Right reload menu

Left unload

Bottom centre,right,left load unload etc

I agree with above what  “Suds” wrote.

I do not even understand why the developers placed the option to unload and load supplies outside of the truck. 

4 hours ago, Bahrein said:

I agree with above what  “Suds” wrote.

I do not even understand why the developers placed the option to unload and load supplies outside of the truck. 

It allows players not associated with the vehicle to load/unload I believe.