Sign in to follow this  
Gatzby

SquadChat -13- Friday, July 19, 1:00 PM PDT (Tom Fancsy and Dylan Fraser)

Edit: seems I was way late to the party.
Gameplay:
Regards to run/sprint speed, why was it increased as oppose to increasing duration? Side note: I can run/jog with 30kg pack for 500m easily and I'm not that fit or big, but what I can't do is run really fast at all with it.
Any plans to be able pick other players, friendly and foe grenades or bandages, or get these from enemy ammo crates/rifleman bags? wouldn't expect ammo because of different ammo types.

Modding:
When is whitelisting mods going to occur? before beta? after release?
Any plans to promote modded content more? how and when?

Edited by EliteLurker

8 hours ago, EA_SUCKS said:

waiting for this to be on youtube...

It's sad to hear that there hasn't been much discussion about the movement changes :( I wish we had the older movement, are at least more momentum. There is way too much crazy dashing and zig-zagging right now to avoid getting shot. It also just doesn't feel right to be able to move so easily with so much equipment. It's made Squad feel like an arcade game. Now I'm just hoping we'll get a modded hardcore mode since it doesn't look like we'll be getting more momentum.

1 hour ago, fatalsushi said:

It's sad to hear that there hasn't been much discussion about the movement changes :( I wish we had the older movement, are at least more momentum. There is way too much crazy dashing and zig-zagging right now to avoid getting shot. It also just doesn't feel right to be able to move so easily with so much equipment. It's made Squad feel like an arcade game. Now I'm just hoping we'll get a modded hardcore mode since it doesn't look like we'll be getting more momentum.

Did they say that they won't change anything or they haven't talked about it? (I haven't seen videos yet)

More than the maximum speed, I continue to hope for a return of the momentum (I find it absurd the choice to totally eliminate the soldier's inertia ... when for months-years nobody had ever complained)

Edited by Tmac

44 minutes ago, Tmac said:

Did they say that they won't change anything or they haven't talked about it? (I haven't seen videos yet)

More than the maximum speed, I continue to hope for a return of the momentum (I find it absurd the choice to totally eliminate the soldier's inertia ... when for months-years nobody had ever complained)

Fuzz keeps saying that he likes the previous movement system better and that things aren’t set in stone. But in this video he also said that the community doesn’t seem to care much about the movement changes, unlike buddy rally and dead-dead, which implies there’s less incentive for the devs to go back to the older movement style. He also said that there is disagreement among the devs about what kind of movement system is best for Squad.

Edited by fatalsushi

ty

Seen now. Gatzby mentions me on the momentum :)

Anyway, he makes me like Fuzz answers .... he has our ideas about Squad ... but the final decisions can't take him.
We love you Fuzz :)

Edited by Tmac

Yeah, I think his ideas for Squad are close to what the community on the official forums wants but apparently we’re the minority.

Whenever I edit a new Squad movie  there are so many scenes where others and even myself run zigzag instead of being pinned as it was before v13. The surpression effects together with the previous system were a perfect match. You could  basically pin a full  squad in one location. Nowadays you have better survival chances if you keep running. It is as it is and I still hope the devs bring this feeling of „omg I can‘t move help me out“ back.

Unfortunately I do not believe that movement and suppression will be changed by now ... as it is now, it surely attracts more casual players (who are certainly more than us).  

The sad thing is that most casual players in a few months will change for the new Battlefield etc.  While we (true) lovers of Squad, we will have a game ... "in half"