Elektro

[Squad Management] Feedback v.4 pre-alpha

I played my first rounds of Squad today and decided to have a go at leading a Squad. We did very well by working together with the other squad and managed to outcap the other team a few rounds.

The graphics are stunning and infantry play is fun, as a squad leader I've come up with a few points on managing a squad that I'm sure are already being worked on, but in case something hasn't been thought of, here are a few points:

• Make the Squad Leaders distinguishable on the map.
  • Make it possible to see what kits the different squad members are using.
  • Add the ability to distinguish different squad members on the map when clicking on their names. (If I want to see where player A in my squad is, I can click on his name and the green dot that represents him on the map will turn white, allowing me se his position.)
  • Make it possible to remove people from the squad.
  • Make it possible for the SL to promote another player to SL, this will prevent the well known problem of everyone needing to leave and then rejoin the squad from PR bf2.
  • 3d markers worked well in PR bf2, but any sort of ability to let the squad leader "Mark" something on the map for his squad members to see would be great, doesn't have to be the same system as PR bf2, just anything similar.
  • Being able to lock the squad.

Thanks for the hard work by the developers and everyone else, we are only in pre-Alpha v4. but the game is already a lot better than most games out there. The only flaw is that when players don't communicate and work together they have a bad time, so lets work on improving teamwork / communication in the game.

Better map and squad tools are one of the most requested features to immediately improve gameplay, and, thankfully, the devs are two steps ahead of us as usual, and have already reworked the whole UI system to support everything we'll want. I believe they said we should start seeing some of it trickle into the pre-alpha builds in the next couple weeks.

The devs are currently working on a whole UI overhaul. I'm sure that most of the things you mentioned will make it in. If not right away, probably later on.