Sign in to follow this  
tmpwhore

Check your fire guys. It's like hunting with D1ck Cheney! Some Tips.

Ok guys I've noticed a lot more blue on blue fratricide lately. It's probably because we have had a new influx of new players. Awesome, and welcome. But here are a few tips for the new guys to help you so you're not playing an Iraqi version of Columbine massacre.

1. When you first get into the pick a team menu. Take a quick look by swiping your mouse to the opposing team and to your team. This will give you an idea of the general look of the type of enemy infantry you're going to be up against. It's usually logical, such as on the Iraqi insurgency maps like Al Basrah, you aren't going to see hipsters in skinny jeans running around with starbucks in their hands. Russians will have different BDU's than Americans and COMBLOC weapons etc.

2. If you are unsure of who you're aiming at in the game look for a coloured chevron above the player. If you're in good cover, take that extra half a second to look to see if a chevron is floating above a player. Even if only a portion of the person is exposed aiming at someone who is on your team, even fairly far away will have a chevron floating above them.

3. If the people you are targeting are far away or running perpendicular to you and you can get a solid bead. Quickly open the map "m" and take a look at where you are aiming. Are their blue or green markers on where you are aiming? It probably means you are spotting a friendly.

4. Look at the gear and equipment the person you are targeting is carrying. Is it an AK Variant or SKS? Does he have an RPG-7? Is it an M4? An L85? A good way to figure out who has what is to go to the squad wiki or better yet go to the shooting range and cycle through all the teams to find out what exactly they are packing so you know that if a guy is running around with an AK he's probably not working for Blackwater. Generally first world nation armies will have standard infantry weapons M4's, L85's, AK-74's and the insurgents or terrorists will have whatever they can pick up, but usually 2nd line stuff. AK-74's, mixed in with some older Warsaw pact weapons, Older FAL's, even shit from WWII like the PPSH. Also look at the uniform If you see a guy running around with flipflops with an AK, you can be assured, pending budget cuts, that it's not a NATO or Russian infantryman.

5. Sound is very important in this game. a 5.54x39 Ak-74 round sounds different than an M4's 5.56x45 round. An M249 SAW sounds different than an RPK-74. This is another good reason to quickly go to the range and try out as many weapons as possible to get an idea of the firerate as well as the sound of the weapons. Eventually you will know if an AK is firing near you and the general direction so he's going to be an enemy.

6. I'll add this as well in the settings menu you have an option "Use zoom sensitivity scaling" what this does is slow the mouse down when you are looking down your sights so you can precisely shoot without the aimpoint moving crazily with slight mouse inputs. I highly recommend turning this feature on to maximize accuracy. For example I have it on 100 for freelook which means when I'm running around I can quickly look and turn around but when I look down my sights or through an optic, it slows the mouse down so I can make precise shots or identify and enemy. My settings are 100 percent freelook. 0.40 for 1x zoom(iron sights) 0.40 for 4x sights. I recommend this for the vehicle settings as well. Sometime you are literally aiming for some guys leg or part of his head at 100m. This ensures you hit him and/or identify him.

7. Look a what vehicles are on both sides. There are quite a few vehicles in the game that are issued by each of the team. They are logical. Ie NATO nations get stuff like the Bradley, Warrior, M1A1 Abrams, Challenger II tank, etc. The Russian will have more 1st line equipment as well. 30mm BTR's, 30MM MTLB's, T-72B3 tanks, etc. The insurgents will have whatever they can pick up. Again this is another reason to go to the shooting range to test out not only what the teams have in terms of vehicles but you can also test out the weak points and anti tank weapons on them to see what kills them faster or won't work at all. So next time you see a pickup truck barreling down the road you know chances are it's not your mom's SUV and you can light it up as a US or British or Russian. Also vehicles like tanks and AFV's are louder than a couple of Harley's welded together with no mufflers. If you hear tank tread sounds or vehicle engines but can't see them. Hit the map "m" and check if there are any friendly vehicles around. If there not. Chances are they are enemy so be on your toes. Eventually, like the weapons, you will identify vehicles by sound.

8. By the God-Emperor's balls do not run in front of people who are suppressing a position. I don't know how many crazy Mofo's think they are Mary Poppins or something and and try to jump in front of a SAW while he's suppressing a position, get shredded and now block the SAW gunners line of fire. If you need to cross a gunners position, say "crossing" in local "V" VOIP. He will say "Ok go" or something so you can cross, and be quick about it, don't stand in front of him to fire on enemies. Get the **** out of his way and he'll cover you moving in front of his position. That goes for you too. Watch out for crazy Mofo's trying to get in front of you sights. If you and your battle buddy are leaning around a corner and he's crouched and you're standing up tell him not to stand up. That way you have double the firepower looking around a corner and the crazy ****er won't stand up and take a dirt nap with a 5.56 to his skull.

Edited by tmpwhore

On 7/14/2019 at 12:55 PM, tmpwhore said:

Ok guys I've noticed a lot more blue on blue fratricide lately. It's probably because we have had a new influx of new players. Awesome, and welcome. But here are a few tips for the new guys to help you so you're not playing an Iraqi version of Columbine massacre.

1. When you first get into the pick a team menu. Take a quick look by swiping your mouse to the opposing team and to your team. This will give you an idea of the general look of the type of enemy infantry you're going to be up against. It's usually logical, such as on the Iraqi insurgency maps like Al Basrah, you aren't going to see hipsters in skinny jeans running around with starbucks in their hands. Russians will have different BDU's than Americans and COMBLOC weapons etc.

2. If you are unsure of who you're aiming at in the game look for a coloured chevron above the player. If you're in good cover, take that extra half a second to look to see if a chevron is floating above a player. Even if only a portion of the person is exposed aiming at someone who is on your team, even fairly far away will have a chevron floating above them.

3. If the people you are targeting are far away or running perpendicular to you and you can get a solid bead. Quickly open the map "m" and take a look at where you are aiming. Are their blue or green markers on where you are aiming? It probably means you are spotting a friendly.

4. Look at the gear and equipment the person you are targeting is carrying. Is it an AK Variant or SKS? Does he have an RPG-7? Is it an M4? An L85? A good way to figure out who has what is to go to the squad wiki or better yet go to the shooting range and cycle through all the teams to find out what exactly they are packing so you know that if a guy is running around with an AK he's probably not working for Blackwater. Generally first world nation armies will have standard infantry weapons M4's, L85's, AK-74's and the insurgents or terrorists will have whatever they can pick up, but usually 2nd line stuff. AK-74's, mixed in with some older Warsaw pact weapons, Older FAL's, even shit from WWII like the PPSH. Also look at the uniform If you see a guy running around with flipflops with an AK, you can be assured, pending budget cuts, that it's not a NATO or Russian infantryman.

5. Sound is very important in this game. a 5.54x39 Ak-74 round sounds different than an M4's 5.56x45 round. An M249 SAW sounds different than an RPK-74. This is another good reason to quickly go to the range and try out as many weapons as possible to get an idea of the firerate as well as the sound of the weapons. Eventually you will know if an AK is firing near you and the general direction so he's going to be an enemy.

6. I'll add this as well in the settings menu you have an option "Use zoom sensitivity scaling" what this does is slow the mouse down when you are looking down your sights so you can precisely shoot without the aimpoint moving crazily with slight mouse inputs. I highly recommend turning this feature on to maximize accuracy. For example I have it on 100 for freelook which means when I'm running around I can quickly look and turn around but when I look down my sights or through an optic, it slows the mouse down so I can make precise shots or identify and enemy. My settings are 100 percent freelook. 0.40 for 1x zoom(iron sights) 0.40 for 4x sights. I recommend this for the vehicle settings as well. Sometime you are literally aiming for some guys leg or part of his head at 100m. This ensures you hit him and/or identify him.

7. Look a what vehicles are on both sides. There are quite a few vehicles in the game that are issued by each of the team. They are logical. Ie NATO nations get stuff like the Bradley, Warrior, M1A1 Abrams, Challenger II tank, etc. The Russian will have more 1st line equipment as well. 30mm BTR's, 30MM MTLB's, T-72B3 tanks, etc. The insurgents will have whatever they can pick up. Again this is another reason to go to the shooting range to test out not only what the teams have in terms of vehicles but you can also test out the weak points and anti tank weapons on them to see what kills them faster or won't work at all. So next time you see a pickup truck barreling down the road you know chances are it's not your mom's SUV and you can light it up as a US or British or Russian. Also vehicles like tanks and AFV's are louder than a couple of Harley's welded together with no mufflers. If you hear tank tread sounds or vehicle engines but can't see them. Hit the map "m" and check if there are any friendly vehicles around. If there not. Chances are they are enemy so be on your toes. Eventually, like the weapons, you will identify vehicles by sound.

8. By the God-Emperor's balls do not run in front of people who are suppressing a position. I don't know how many crazy Mofo's think they are Mary Poppins or something and and try to jump in front of a SAW while he's suppressing a position, get shredded and now block the SAW gunners line of fire. If you need to cross a gunners position, say "crossing" in local "V" VOIP. He will say "Ok go" or something so you can cross, and be quick about it, don't stand in front of him to fire on enemies. Get the **** out of his way and he'll cover you moving in front of his position. That goes for you too. Watch out for crazy Mofo's trying to get in front of you sights. If you and your battle buddy are leaning around a corner and he's crouched and you're standing up tell him not to stand up. That way you have double the firepower looking around a corner and the crazy ****er won't stand up and take a dirt nap with a 5.56 to his skull.

M1A2******* Abrams