Sign in to follow this  
drfreee

Why chat texts too small ?

and why disappearing too fast ? sometimes one squad member or others says there is mine dont go there in chat i didnt see that shit beause chat text too SMALL. And without mic u cant communicate with anybody okey squad mic required game i get it but without proper text communication for non mic users cannot communicate with team or with their squads anybody can tell me why the chat text that small and why no one trying fix this issue ?  i buyed this game 2 year ago and has same problems and company starting develop another game. btw i like squad 

tap your console key (tilde is under the escape key) to see previous chat, or open the spawn menu and look bottom centre.

He does make a valid point to be honest. It's not something absolutely critical, but it could be useful. Sometimes team chat is beneficial for stuff everyone needs to know but are not absolutely time critical. Being able to pass on intel to the team directly as a grunt instead of having to go through your SL is good, and takes a bit of the burden off your SL in the process, who might be coordinating a ton of other things in the middle of a firefight. For example, messages like "new enemy FOB sighted, grid F8-5-9" so that someone who is not actively engaged in combat can mark it on the map, small things like that.

A slightly bigger font and a slightly longer timer before messages disappear would be all that's needed, or even better, the ability to tweak those parameters in the settings ourselves (so that everyone can adjust it according to their resolution and monitor size, instead of having the developers spend time on figuring out what's an acceptable size for all possible combinations).

It's like complaining about sidewalks not being made to accommodate cars driving on them.

The chat is only a supplementary form of communication in Squad, it's supposed to be as unintrusive as possible.