Sign in to follow this  
Zylfrax791

Admin Camera

As just a regular player are you still able to see the camera icon flying around on your map when an Admin goes cameraman?

No, they just creep up on you and say "Hi suds" then lol at you when you swivel around and check your map to try and figure out who the F just spoke to you :)

That's usually what admins do when they are just hanging out for a match not playing lol.

I'm guilty of it aswell at times, though usually i just float above the match making bets with other admins on who's gonna kill who lol. It's actually a lot of fun to see it from this perspective, very intense.

They should make it so you don't have to be an admin to go cameraman mode. And call it spectator mode and have it on the change team screen. Like other games.

Edited by GUNNERBOMB69

On 9/8/2019 at 12:36 PM, GUNNERBOMB69 said:

They should make it so you don't have to be an admin to go cameraman mode. And call it spectator mode and have it on the change team screen. Like other games.

You might have the issue of someone abusing it, finding enemy positions and such

The bigger question is why did the icon that allowed everyone to see the admin camera flying around on the map get removed in the first place?

Because usually the admin didn't just hover around some lone trees looking at pine cones.

1 hour ago, Jevski said:

Because usually the admin didn't just hover around some lone trees looking at pine cones.

What does a sarcastic statement regarding pine cones have to do with the actual topic? Bottom line, when the admin camera icon was visible to anyone looking at the map there was a certain layer of transparency safeguarding the integrity of the game. Essentially when it was visible on the map as a player you could be reasonably confident that an admin wasn't abusing the feature to "enhance" his or her gameplay.

When a such an important change is made to the game it should have been mentioned in the patch notes for the purpose of complete transparency.

If I saw the admin cam hover above a certain area, and there was no friendlies in that area, I would reach the conclusion that the admin was looking at the enemy, since im sure he wasnt looking at pine cones. So by having the admin cam visible to everyone it would give away intel about the enemy.