Officer_Doofy

Performance recommended system requirements

Terrible.
Nothing more can be said. My computer is completely in the recommended system requirements for comfortable playing at high graphics settings of 60 fps

Windows 10 x64

Intel Core i7-4790K
Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 
RAM 16 gb ddr3 1333 mhz

55 GB of free hard disk space

And all this on full HD. The frame rate is from 43 to 56 on average, which makes the gameplay is not playable. Equally important, the graphics settings have no effect on performance. I have already tried everything: and lowered the settings in the NVIDIA control panel, and included the paging file, and removed a lot of excess in the operating system itself again for performance ..
Nothing helps.
All this is an excuse that the game is in the test and is far from the release, but still people have that the computer components play a little better than mine with FPS 60+ with drawdowns up to 50.
I do not know what to do

Posted (edited)

Personally, i play with Vsync on and the fps locked to 30. Why that number? Well, you just divide your monitor's refresh rate. I have a 60Hz monitor, so i just divide that by 2. If i had a 144Hz monitor i would limit my fps to 144/2 = 72 or 144/3 = 48.

Sure, more fps does make for smoother viewing, but anything above 30 is playable for 99% of games.

The trick is not to have maximum frames at all times but steady frames per second, because it's mostly the change in fps that your eyes perceive as annoying. If you limit fps you give your card the time to "breathe" and render everything consistently. If you let it try for maximum FPS all the time, there often come times where your card is already loaded down when trying to reach 60 or above, rendering a scene at maximum detail where almost nothing happens . Then, a vehicle rolls around the corner, starts shooting and gets a rocket to the face. Suddenly your card has to render a whole lot of extra stuff and process effects and explosions, but it was already close to its maximum load, so the fps goes down. With the fps limiter, your card would be working let's say at 50% before the vehicle came in, so it would have enough of a margin to process the extra stuff when the need arises and keep the fps steady in the process.

My video card is below minimum specs (Nvidia 750 with just 1 GB of vram) and i only have 8GB of ram, yet i can play just fine by doing that. It's very stable and i get no stutters at all.

Edited by Burningbeard80

6 hours ago, Officer_Doofy said:

Terrible.
Nothing more can be said. My computer is completely in the recommended system requirements for comfortable playing at high graphics settings of 60 fps

Windows 10 x64

Intel Core i7-4790K
Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 
RAM 16 gb ddr3 1333 mhz

55 GB of free hard disk space

And all this on full HD. The frame rate is from 43 to 56 on average, which makes the gameplay is not playable. Equally important, the graphics settings have no effect on performance. I have already tried everything: and lowered the settings in the NVIDIA control panel, and included the paging file, and removed a lot of excess in the operating system itself again for performance ..
Nothing helps.
All this is an excuse that the game is in the test and is far from the release, but still people have that the computer components play a little better than mine with FPS 60+ with drawdowns up to 50.
I do not know what to do

When you say you've tried evrything, does that include manually clearing the cache and a clean install of squad?

Also, is your cpu overclocked?

I'm running a Ryzen 5 2600, RX 580 8GB and 16gb 3000 ram (clocked at 2933) and i locked my fps to 80 (75hz monitor) and it runs from 65 at intense scenes to 80fps (normal walking and combat).

My specs are only slightly better than yours, so that preformance is not ok.

Do other games run perfectly?