Sign in to follow this  
Zylfrax791

Respawn Contradiction

Posted (edited)

It seems really odd to me that so many steps have been painstakingly taken in the evolution of the game towards life preservation and yet on a whim you can still simply hit the tilde key, type "respawn" and within less than two minutes rematerialize at a completely new destination. Again last night I see an entire squad doing it several times and when I ask why in Command Chat I'm informed that "It's a strat bruh"...

So is that really the direction we want the game to go?

I understand that maybe you get glitched in the game or whatever but this shouldn't be a "feature" of the game and should be reprogrammed to heavily penalize the player and discourage it's use as a convenient transportation tool.

I mean previously the console command was "suicide" and then it was changed to "respawn" so at least if it's going to be left as is in the game then rename it to "ezpass", "startrek" or maybe "fastropes" right?

Edited by Zylfrax791

If it costed 10 tickets per player it wouldnt be abused i think, just gotta increase the cost.

3 hours ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

If it costed 10 tickets per player it wouldnt be abused i think, just gotta increase the cost.

That doesn't penalized the individual just the team though. My suggestion is to completely remove the console command all together and make a respawn button in the interaction screen that asks you "Are you sure you want to voluntarily give up, lose your role and wait 10 minutes to respawn only at Main"?

That would put a stop to this stupid meta.