Sign in to follow this  
paragonid

Under water gameplay

Using underwater as concealment is ridiculous. Placing radios under water too. Can we avoid adding more walkable water too the maps until it has proper mechanics please

7 hours ago, paragonid said:

Using underwater as concealment is ridiculous. Placing radios under water too.

Are you sure it isn't a feature of the game? You've always been able to do it so by now after all this time one could come to the logical conclusion that its actually intentional

we need something similar to good old  BF2 water support for RIB boat or smth., it needed for crossing small rivers and etc. and not dying in process of it crossing, especially vehicles.

2 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Are you sure it isn't a feature of the game? You've always been able to do it so by now after all this time one could come to the logical conclusion that its actually intentional

You claim laying down under water and shooting people who can't see you is intentional feature? Never considered such a dumb thing indeed.

i'd love to fight a big slow barge which had lots of cover, perhaps even allow fob building on them.

but also shooting from any vic as inf would be amazing. (dev challenge 17)

I'd love to see the devs implement swimming and perhaps a small level of diving in the game (similar to being able to shallow-dive in BF4 for momentary concealment). Nothing was quite as fun as going all special-ops on some unsuspecting guy in a boat where you strapped c4 to the hull, swam off and detonated it.

As for the current tendency to "exploit" (for lack of a better term) placement of radios in water, I can agree the system could use a re-visit. 

7 hours ago, paragonid said:

You claim laying down under water and shooting people who can't see you is intentional feature? Never considered such a dumb thing indeed.

I'm not making any claims. I'm simply making an observation about attributes that have been programmed into the game for close to four years now and could have easily been corrected if they were deemed to be "exploits".

First off, there are two kinds of "water" in Squad maps; hazardous and non-hazardous. Anything above waist level on your character and you quickly drown. Secondly, you can get into a crouched or prone position in several maps with non-hazardous "water" but then you can't see to shoot. And thirdly, regarding the placement of FOB's in "water" this has been known about since the beginning and was never been addressed despite many numerous people prior to you bringing it up so the only logical conclusion one could make is that its a feature.

Anything the game programming allows should be permitted in gameplay. Especially something that's been around this long.

Posted (edited)
On 6/21/2019 at 8:10 AM, Zylfrax791 said:

At certain times and places, especially when being revived its possible to get glitched below the ground and sometimes into a wall. This has always been this way, and since so much time has passed the conclusion must be that its intentional.

Your observation might be true, but im sure your conclusion isnt.

Edited by Jevski

On 21.06.2019 at 6:23 PM, MeAWarChild said:

I'd love to see the devs implement swimming and perhaps a small level of diving in the game (similar to being able to shallow-dive in BF4 for momentary concealment). Nothing was quite as fun as going all special-ops on some unsuspecting guy in a boat where you strapped c4 to the hull, swam off and detonated it.

As for the current tendency to "exploit" (for lack of a better term) placement of radios in water, I can agree the system could use a re-visit. 

I too think they should add swimming and a "real" water locations, otherwise it is just puddles everywhere and it feels cheap.