DocGiggles

Dragging incapacitated allies into Safety

I think the medics should get a bit more love. It's still one of the classes wich are absolute essential, but often i see squads with only one medic, sometimes with no medics.

A step in the right direction would be to make either the medics or everyone able to drag incapacitated Players into a safe zone before bandaging.

This would be especially handy when teammates die in dangerous spots without cover.
Many RL-tactical vests have dragging handles to pull a soldier into safety, why not implement it in Squad?

What are your opinions on this? And how do you think medic-gameplay could be improved even more?

Personally I want Ranger Roll, big Will Willis fan. :) Maybe some point dragging will be put in.,

DocGiggles I have to say thank you for bringing this up. Any one familiar with ACE mod for Arma. A mod like that in this game would put the role of the medic in a much better light, and maybe even an entire medical system. Critical wound care. transport serious wounded back to base.  Only the DEV getting to tools up to date will bring this game into the future. If they would empower the community and grace them with the tools  WOW this game would be the NEW BEST THING!

Dragging is still something we'd like to look into again someday, probably after release. We've done some motion capture for it in the past and would really love to make use of it. ;) 

Posted (edited)

I think one of my reasons I'm not much into the medic class is because there's not much immersion into it. Well the medic class is a huge benefit for the squad and team but i have to be honest, its actually boring and repetitive to heal players. 

The only exception where I have fun being medic is with ARMA (with mods). Theres just a lot to do with the medic system on ARMA games. You can drag, carry, can shoot while dragging, there's variety of medical procedures to heal teamates. And there's a decent enough animation for healing.

Squad's medical system is just too bland, thats why i dont play medic class too much. And maybe thats why there's not much players going medics since they can get bandaged by any class anyways.

And also. thanks for bringing this up, been too long for the promised medical system the devs promised years ago.

Edited by Garensterz

On 24/06/2019 at 6:03 PM, Gatzby said:

Dragging is still something we'd like to look into again someday, probably after release. We've done some motion capture for it in the past and would really love to make use of it. ;) 

Any chance that motion capture had the ranger roll? 

15 hours ago, Garensterz said:

I think one of my reasons I'm not much into the medic class is because there's not much immersion into it. Well the medic class is a huge benefit for the squad and team but i have to be honest, its actually boring and repetitive to heal players. 

The only exception where I have fun being medic is with ARMA (with mods). Theres just a lot to do with the medic system on ARMA games. You can drag, carry, can shoot while dragging, there's variety of medical procedures to heal teamates. And there's a decent enough animation for healing.

Squad's medical system is just too bland, thats why i dont play medic class too much. And maybe thats why there's not much players going medics since they can get bandaged by any class anyways.

And also. thanks for bringing this up, been too long for the promised medical system the devs promised years ago.

Personally I believe it would be even more of a problem to get people to voluntarily take the medic role if the system was made too complex. This game is first and foremost a first-person shooter, and I don't think most folks are going to want to spend several minutes performing triage. 

I could be wrong though, as I'm only speaking from my own perspective. I've taken medic when it's been needed, but I certainly wouldn't want to be bogged down for the majority of the game having to perform extensive work to stabilize teammates from gunshot wounds.

19 hours ago, Smee said:

Any chance that motion capture had the ranger roll? 

Not sure, wasn't on site for the session and it's been awhile. Possible, though we had a Marine doing the heavy lifting, and who knows how he feels about Ranger moves. =P

Edit: One of my favorite examples, from Whiskey Whiskey of Forged in Fire fame: