Peerun

10 second Rally spawn window

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Peerun said:

or 5 even

Can you help me here?

Do you basically want to be able to respawn 5 seconds after you give up? or after the rally is set?

Edited by Nightingale87

It'd prevent missing the spawn wave by a second. Especially if the rally was shown visually as spawnable, within this window. 

I can actually get behind this proposal. There's been more than a few occasions where I've just barely missed the spawn window and then had to wait another 60 seconds. At that point I just pick the closest HAB and can run to where I was going to be usually before the next spawn cycle.

If you think to it, it doesn't change nothing it only shortens the wait time.

60 10 60 is the same as 60 0 60 it doesnt shorten anything you just have a few more seconds to click on the rally

3 hours ago, El Pube said:

If you think to it, it doesn't change nothing it only shortens the wait time.

He is right.

Since the time in which you get shot and are offered the possibility to give up and to revive is random. Then so is the count on the timer when you can do it.

Therefore, all you would be doing would be deciding to revive mximum 5 seconds earlier.

To state it in a different way….

Currently you can miss a respawn wave by one second…

If you give it a 5 second window, by the time you decide to give up, you might miss that window by one second two…

Ergo...nothing changed (other tan a máximum of 5 seconds earlier spawn)

So you´re basically asking for a respawn wave every 55 seconds instead of 60.

I think it is a decent idea to make the rally more usable. A short spawn window.

There are plenty of questions about rally usage and capability but this suggestion is a nice smoothing one. 

Currently a call of "20 seconds on the rally" makes most people give up and respawn.

With a spawn window the respawn time could be adjusted. 

i still think that teammates near the rally should reduce the spawn time to help keep squads together. "stay at the rally to regroup please" becomes a benefit to everyone rather than an annoying wait.