scallops

Bad game culture at the moment

15 hours ago, Burningbeard80 said:

Well, 18 is 2 full squads, it's quite a lot of players teleporting. 

17 with 1 driver. If the squad spawns in that's 9 infantry with 9 respawns, same as an old school rally but with the added necessity to move and protect the transport. 

And it's not teleporting in the same way rallies do. The uniforms basically represent the location of a ticket on the map. The uniform needs to be transported to use that ticket at a different location. When someone spawns using a uniform, it may appear to them as being teleported onto the map, but in terms of game flow that ticket was already there. The player is simply giving the uniform a brain. It's kind of like how RTS players split their attention to micro units on different areas on the map, but with 100 players doing it with the restriction that you can only micro one unit at a time.

1 hour ago, pinko said:

17 with 1 driver. If the squad spawns in that's 9 infantry with 9 respawns, same as an old school rally but with the added necessity to move and protect the transport. 

And it's not teleporting in the same way rallies do. The uniforms basically represent the location of a ticket on the map. The uniform needs to be transported to use that ticket at a different location. When someone spawns using a uniform, it may appear to them as being teleported onto the map, but in terms of game flow that ticket was already there. The player is simply giving the uniform a brain. It's kind of like how RTS players split their attention to micro units on different areas on the map, but with 100 players doing it with the restriction that you can only micro one unit at a time.

Or we just use air-transport in the future ;D

5 minutes ago, Phoenixstorm said:

Or we just use air-transport in the future ;D

Yep, but still limited to the amount of tickets in the vehicle. Watch out for AA :)

3 hours ago, suds said:

good concept @pinko keep the ideas flowing. 

Thanks, I will.

4 hours ago, suds said:

good concept @pinko keep the ideas flowing. 

Yeah, he's spittin' dat good shiet at the moment. 

I really like the idea of having mobile spawn points, as in a transport truck with set amount of uniforms in it. To restock uniforms, drive back to main or nearest FOB and collect munitions, maybe 20 per ticket or something like that. 

A system like this would encourage to set up hidden supply FOBs in tactically advantageous positions, and truly encourage a constant logistics detail in order to keep the troops close to the front line. 

Some find it hard to believe, as they are only viewing things from their own personal preference, but I for one would find it pretty damn exciting to efficiently deliver and transport munitions or manpower around the battlefield for an entire match. 

3 minutes ago, PuddleMurda said:

Yeah, he's spittin' dat good shiet at the moment. 

I really like the idea of having mobile spawn points, as in a transport truck with set amount of uniforms in it. To restock uniforms, drive back to main or nearest FOB and collect munitions, maybe 20 per ticket or something like that. 

A system like this would encourage to set up hidden supply FOBs in tactically advantageous positions, and truly encourage a constant logistics detail in order to keep the troops close to the front line. 

Some find it hard to believe, as they are only viewing things from their own personal preference, but I for one would find it pretty damn exciting to efficiently deliver and transport munitions or manpower around the battlefield for an entire match. 

I'm skeptical because that game don't have any sort of downtime at the moment and that would be further increase the action per min.

Just now, Phoenixstorm said:

I'm skeptical because that game don't have any sort of downtime at the moment and that would be further increase the action per min.

I would like to see, or at least try, that system in a game where there are no rallies and limited spawn capabilities on FOBs (maybe just one HAB per team). 

Like @pinko said in one post; "Movement across the map should look like an RTS game capped at 50 supply"

However, I do understand that this will probably never happen, so it's just food for thought. 

2 minutes ago, PuddleMurda said:

However, I do understand that this will probably never happen, so it's just food for thought. 

Oh, it'll happen. In a mod anyway. Just posted the first concepts in the community mod forum. Don't know if I'll start modding until game release though.

1 hour ago, paragonid said:

Have you ever played planet side 2. It's ftp

Sure, but I prefer modern war FPS.

3 hours ago, Phoenixstorm said:

Don't see how the system would require more APM.. Do you mean for squad leads? Drivers? Squad leads would have to worry less about abstract considerations like getting a squadmate on them for rallies, or being 50 m from the enemy. Just load your truck and drive to where you want to deploy. Simple.

On 6/18/2019 at 11:46 PM, scallops said:

Well just so u know Thre4t... kd ratio doesn't mean much in Squad... I mean it's good... but what's important in Squad, if you want to win the game, is killing the right people. Killing 20 npcs who are zerg rushing is fine, yay its 20 tickets.... but if you'd killed those 2 guys that snuck in and blew your radio and sent you back to mainspawn… you would have saved more tickets and done more for your team. My biggest problem with lack of revivals is that most of the time your team has left all the apcs in main to save tickets, putting you at a disadvantage, but then every time a player doesn't revive you when its clearly safe, they have wasted 1 ticket for no reason except their own kd. So if each player on the team refuses to revive someone during a game, that's 38 tickets wasted.

I revive anyone that is safe, unless someone just blows and is an obvious waste of my bandages. And KD ratio does mean something in squad.  Can't tell you the amount of times I've won a close game where my KD ratio could have been the difference between winning and losing.  Some people just burn through tickets and expect people to burn through their limited bandages also due to their inability to play a shooter. 

Turning transport trucks into mobile spawn points is even more ridiculous than materializing from a pile of bookbags or a pillow fort. Now you got this enormous noisy mobile spawn point that everyone can hear and go destroy.

Again the pacing of the matches are already much too fast and that combined with virtual immortality has turned the game into a FPH (first person healer). There needs to be a way lower TTK and real death with instagib headshots to bring this game back to reality from the fantasy world. As some other dude put it there needs to be real consequences for your actions.

Rewarding mediocrity is not only unrealistic but its also really boring.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Turning transport trucks into mobile spawn points is even more ridiculous than materializing from a pile of bookbags or a pillow fort. Now you got this enormous noisy mobile spawn point that everyone can hear and go destroy.

Again the pacing of the matches are already much too fast and that combined with virtual immortality has turned the game into a FPH (first person healer). There needs to be a way lower TTK and real death with instagib headshots to bring this game back to reality from the fantasy world. As some other dude put it there needs to be real consequences for your actions.

Rewarding mediocrity is not only unrealistic but its also really boring.

Either you have not fully comprehended how the suggested "mobile spawn" would be implemented (without rallies etc), as it would definitely slow down game play significantly,  make each ticket more valuable, necessitate much more thorough and comprehensive communication both between SLs and squad members, etc etc etc... or you will have to explain further how you believe it would speed things up in comparison to something else... !?

I think if you just sift through those posts again, you might read them differently and see the intention. There is nothing mediocre about it.

Bring back instant death, 50 cal+ instant death, medic revive only, all that jazz - yes, all day long, and I think the majority of posters in this thread feel the same.   

I think in this case you are preaching to the choir. Or barking up the wrong tree, depending on how you look at it. 

Edited by PuddleMurda

1 hour ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Rallies are ridiculous soldier-materializing piles of bookbags. What I'm proposing would make every available spawn on the map tied to a ticket that started at main and had to be transported using the same seats a player-controlled ticket would. That's not materialization, it's virtual transport (double virtual as it's in a virtual gameworld). 

I agree with your point on instagibs. My thought is to make death instant in cases of overkill. For instance if damage takes you to less than -50 hp, you insta die. That means .50 cals have more instagib potential than a rifle, but a point blank rifle shot to the face might also instagib. Direct mortars and grenades might instagib, but I'm not completely sure how explosive damage ia calculated.

5 minutes ago, pinko said:

What I'm proposing would make every available spawn on the map tied to a ticket that started at main and had to be transported using the same seats a player-controlled ticket would. That's not materialization, it's virtual transport (double virtual as it's in a virtual gameworld). 

That's actually a good summary. Every single spawn needs to be transported, in one way or the other, to the front lines. The munitions, or whatever is supposed to be the cost of a ticket spawned outside of main, might at first be delivered to a FOB intentionally positioned far back from danger, and transport trucks and apcs would carry most of the assaulting manpower from there. Later on, if your team pushes through and makes progress, logis might drive between the first FOB and one placed further up. But still, every single ticket is initially transported from main. 

With such a system in place, these transport routes could essentially be the most important aspect of the entire battlefield, worth protecting with patrolling apcs (simultaneously transporting troops), and possibly stationed troops in ambush hot-spots. If the logistics are compromised, the front lines are compromised. 

(remember that this goes both ways, so before we start screaming that we don't want to protect logi-routes, remember you could just as well be on the other side of the coin ATTACKING logi-routes)

At the moment Squad, a modern military shooter, is being played as a war of attrition, which has not been a thing for about 100 years now. Ok, so be it, it's a game. Killing and dying should be a big part of it. But if we are playing a war of attrition, then let's play a war of attrition in which effective logistics is the difference between winning and losing. 

Posted (edited)

Honestly i would settle for a rallypoint to stay for 30 or 60 seconds, and then dissapear again with a reset timer of 10 minutes. Buddy rally ofcourse would be removed, and insta-death added back.

Overall though..... Helicopters, please fix these issues, i'm praying for that lol.

Edited by Guan_Yu007

I like your idea of transporting spawn points. It simulates an aspect of reality. I´m actually VERY interested in it. I´d like to see how that balances out with habs.

Posted (edited)

In many cases thats not invasion. There is no point staying back at a cap, when the enemy cant cap it anymore. Even if you kill enemys there its an disadvantage, cause then they will just respawn back at the active flags. And with the guys still defending what cant be capped the team is nine man short in the attack and mostly will fail.

The scouting proos and cons, cause mostly if someone is marking enemys on map, its gonna be one pile of mess cause noone knows if they are still there. Vics you can hear a grait distance away, so no reason to tell other squads, cause they allready knows.

If you see an enemy fob shooting everywhere, well it just makes it easyer to play, cause you know where not to go.

The best winning war is the ones with less fighting and more strategig momentum.

Edited by Nuzzi
Well

10 hours ago, pinko said:

Don't see how the system would require more APM.. Do you mean for squad leads? Drivers? Squad leads would have to worry less about abstract considerations like getting a squadmate on them for rallies, or being 50 m from the enemy. Just load your truck and drive to where you want to deploy. Simple.

Well, that would be mostly used for attack purposes and keeps the mentality to quantity instead of quality, just throw enough meat against the flag until it's yours.

6 hours ago, Nuzzi said:

The scouting proos and cons, cause mostly if someone is marking enemys on map, its gonna be one pile of mess cause noone knows if they are still there. Vics you can hear a grait distance away, so no reason to tell other squads, cause they allready knows.

If you see an enemy fob shooting everywhere, well it just makes it easyer to play, cause you know where not to go.

The best winning war is the ones with less fighting and more strategig momentum.

That's half true, anyone near vics will hear them however for your vic-squads there are probably too far away to be aware of them, so marking them+inform them via voip will help them to decide a rough direction where they can go.

Posted (edited)
On 2019-06-21 at 2:38 AM, Phoenixstorm said:

Well, that would be mostly used for attack purposes and keeps the mentality to quantity instead of quality, just throw enough meat against the flag until it's yours.

But you only get as much meat as you can carry. Then you have to go back and get more. It's not the same as rallies. It would slow the game down considerably.

Also you would have to transport troops to defense points and HABs. Not sure what you mean about it being for attacking only.

Edited by pinko

On 2019-06-20 at 6:13 PM, PuddleMurda said:

With such a system in place, these transport routes could essentially be the most important aspect of the entire battlefield, worth protecting with patrolling apcs (simultaneously transporting troops), and possibly stationed troops in ambush hot-spots. If the logistics are compromised, the front lines are compromised. 

(remember that this goes both ways, so before we start screaming that we don't want to protect logi-routes, remember you could just as well be on the other side of the coin ATTACKING logi-routes)

That's exactly what I'm thinking. With the right maps and layers I think it will be an excellent experience.

16 hours ago, pinko said:

But you only get as much meat as you can carry. Then you have to go back and get more. It's not the same as rallies. It would slow the game down considerably.

Also you would have to transport troops to defense points and HABs. Not sure what you mean about it being for attacking only.

I'm speaking about vic-squad like tanks, not about butcher's supplier.

Well the good thing about this is, COD players will eventually get bored at this game and we'll never see them again. I have close friends who bought this game that are way too ahead for a game like this. After a week or two, I have never seen them touched Squad again. 

It's just a vicious cycle i guess. Every patch or sale will bring new players, but the core players will remain in the long run. Or maybe the game will bring new players to be like core players, just like what happened to me.

8 hours ago, Phoenixstorm said:

I'm speaking about vic-squad like tanks, not about butcher's supplier.

I was referencing your metaphor from earlier. You said "just throw enough meat against the flag". 

Most tanks wouldn't be affected by this. They don't have passenger seats, so there's no room for a ticket to spawn in on.