Ninja89

Kicked for swearing?

So I just got kicked from a server for swearing. In a mature rated game, where the soldiers themselves shout out swear words. Can anyone explain the logic behind this?

What did you say? To who? What server? 

Servers do have the right to kick anyone they like 

The question here is: Have you learned anything?

:D

server admins sometimes just some nerds . you gonna need to deal with this

Server rules are server rules. If you don't like them, play another server.

Server admins can run their ships however they see fit.

That being said, I do think it quite laughable that anyone playing a game such as this should get bent out of shape about profanity. In a game where we're emulating war and some of the associated unpleasantries, you want to get your panties in a wad over a few bad words? Get out of here with that nonsense...

5 minutes ago, MeAWarChild said:

Server admins can run their ships however they see fit.

That being said, I do think it quite laughable that anyone playing a game such as this should get bent out of shape about profanity. In a game where we're emulating war and some of the associated unpleasantries, you want to get your panties in a wad over a few bad words? Get out of here with that nonsense...

I'd be annoyed if my squad's comms devolved into useless profanity IRL too.. It's not good for keeping heads clear and not good for morale. Maybe the odd "take that mother-*expletive*!" would be fine.

2 minutes ago, pinko said:

I'd be annoyed if my squad's comms devolved into useless profanity IRL too.. It's not good for keeping heads clear and not good for morale. Maybe the odd "take that mother-*expletive*!" would be fine.

That annoyance isn't strictly limited to profanity. Too often I've had squad members talking incessantly about nothing and then when I need to relay a contact or intel I can't get a word in. Also doesn't help when they're chattering and I'm listening for enemy activity. 

Sometimes I wish there was a radio kill-switch.

7 hours ago, MeAWarChild said:

That annoyance isn't strictly limited to profanity. Too often I've had squad members talking incessantly about nothing and then when I need to relay a contact or intel I can't get a word in. Also doesn't help when they're chattering and I'm listening for enemy activity. 

Sometimes I wish there was a radio kill-switch.

There is.. audio settings-volume 0. But how long do you think you are gonna play in that squad afterwards.

For the kicked guy. I refuse to believe, that you got kicked for "just swearing". Something ells must have been going on, constant complaining, talking back to people (as in being offensive) , or just an asshole to everyone everywhere, better knowing (should have-would have-could have), and ofcourse **** this and **** that and cant make a sentense whithout ****ING every second word. (This would piss me of in wery short time)

And ofcause there is the ****ing N##### word.

Theres different places different situations, where you can and cant use rouff words.

Attitude (our country: Janteloven)

Learn to respect other people before you "stick it to the man"

May the farts be with you..

I think as long as it wasn't a ban it doesn't go against the server licensing agreement. In other words it is just a kick... either join right back in or find another server. Even though Squad is far from a E for everyone game there are some folks who are how we say soulless and barren. Some folks just don't like it everyone is different that is what makes the internet so great. As long as it isn't racist or anything like that you should be fine just read server rules or feel free to go find their discord and talk to a admin.

Heheheh thats nothing i saw people being kicked for having his name in Cyrillic or numbers.Now thats pure discrimination if he is in my squad that knows Cyrillic why do you as an admin give a shit if someone can or cannot pronounce it.And even worse one of my guys was kicked for being healed tru the wall not the medic that did the healing bit the guy being healed.

Or some German server that had rule “Flag by flag” so you cannot rush or try to block the enemy's advance.

So my good friend stuff like that will keep happening as long as people enforcing some stupid rules have servers.

My recommendation is to try and find some servers with normal rules and admins that are normal not some power hungry kid with a little admin power on his hands.

8 hours ago, Bahrein said:

Heheheh thats nothing i saw people being kicked for having his name in Cyrillic or numbers.Now thats pure discrimination if he is in my squad that knows Cyrillic why do you as an admin give a shit if someone can or cannot pronounce it.And even worse one of my guys was kicked for being healed tru the wall not the medic that did the healing bit the guy being healed.

Or some German server that had rule “Flag by flag” so you cannot rush or try to block the enemy's advance.

So my good friend stuff like that will keep happening as long as people enforcing some stupid rules have servers.

My recommendation is to try and find some servers with normal rules and admins that are normal not some power hungry kid with a little admin power on his hands.

There are fair, reasonable and balanced private servers available to play on that only use the vanilla Squad server guidelines however they are the minority.

Unfortunately this unfair treatment of players over the last four years is the primary reason that the community is so miniscule compared to the overwhelming positive sales numbers for the game.

Until OWI actually hosts official servers with a universal ruleset in order to be the ambassador and host of their own game instead of letting immature and unprofessional folks with their own personal agenda's represent their game the playership will continue to dwindle.

This is truly sad considering what a great creative and artistic creation Squad has been thus far only to be completely crippled by clan cronyism, rampant admin abuse and oddball supplemental rules that actually prohibit game features like squad locking.