Sign in to follow this  
Rybec

Turret Sounds

After playing with the challenger tank last night with some buddies I realized just how absolutely awful the turret sounds get. I like that there is sound, that part isn't the problem. The problem came from where the tank wouldn't sit perfectly still on an incline and would slide ever so slightly. The stabilizer would constantly adjust for the tiny movements of the tank when the engine was off and we would for the entire match hear that whirring sound of the turret moving.

Even then, the gunner still wanted to spot targets alongside the commander and the machinegunner so he'd be looking as well and good lord that turret turning is so loud and repeated from that half a second audio clip it was starting to drive me insane.

Could the turret sounds be muffled or smoothed out a little? I don't know how people deal with it.

the squeaky 50 cal mount has been oiled a little in v14. I agree that any looped sound should be muffled after 3-4 loops. it can then reset on next period of silence and reduce again following this pattern.

Thanks for the feedback. Can get it passed along -- it's likely we'll continue to tweak for some time yet. =)

Thank God, I thought I was the only one with this opinion.

The turret sound on the Challenger drove me insane after just 10 minutes of traversing it on Jensen's Range.