On 6/13/2019 at 11:10 AM, EA_SUCKS said:

A13 came out bringing so many bad features, making the game even more arcade that what it already was

then on the same week I played the new version of Sandstorm, which included a new gamemode called Hardcore, and I had this idea, we need something like this in Squad too... a new gamemode called Hardcore, or whatever

in this gamemode, you will be kicked on the balls and punched to the face with these changes:

- suppression works both ways <==> | >==<

- no nametags rendering through walls, no nametags or friendly icons above heads beyond 50 meters

- no ZOOM for nonscoped guns, only weapon steadiness when pressed SHIFT (but make it last longer, 10 secs?)

- rework of stamina system, because now its unrealistic

- greatly decrease max sprint speed (around 25% slower that current speed, much more realistic)

- bring back INSTA-DEATH (why devs?), and make it 3 minutes cooldown

- remove the magical buddy rally

these features shoundnt use much "dev time" to put in the game, and if you do so, and the mode is well accepted, we can have more sophisticated stuff in later releases

cant wait to play on something like this...

If you're going to do this, go all out. Get rid of the HUD, loose most of the GPS abilities on the map (give people an approximate location on the map vs exact locations), only so other SLs and your squad mates on the map (again in approximate locations) and remove the ability for SLs to point/mark things that show up exactly where they're looking (the attack markers/etc). Give people a compass and a rough idea as to where they are, then let them have at it.

2 hours ago, Ti0mat said:

If you're going to do this, go all out. Get rid of the HUD, loose most of the GPS abilities on the map (give people an approximate location on the map vs exact locations), only so other SLs and your squad mates on the map (again in approximate locations) and remove the ability for SLs to point/mark things that show up exactly where they're looking (the attack markers/etc). Give people a compass and a rough idea as to where they are, then let them have at it.

Better yet there is an inventory slot where you physically sling your weapon and then pull out a map case with an animation. It would be a facsimile of a real paper topographical map with MGRS. MilSim LARPers would cream their skivvies for sure!

1: "Five, engage that man, 100m, front." 
5: "Copy! I'm on him!" 
2: "Where are you?"

4: "****! 1 is down! This is 4, I'm taking command."
2: "Where are you?"