Sign in to follow this  
paragonid

Riskless in combat vehicle repairs shouldn't be possible

Posted (edited)

It's a success algorithm in closed matched vehicle fights repair the vehicle in combat as the driver or keep the vehicle next to repair station to survive/safe vehicle from fire. While repair crew next to vehicle is downable, shooting repair station puts you in significant disadvantage while not creating the any risk. Invisible repair crew on repair stations shouldn't give vehicles combat advantage

Edited by paragonid

good suggestion.

Could make it so anyone can repair a vic while near repair station without needing to swap kits, just make the shovel appear as a wrench and give them the same capability. this would help promote teamwork.

1 hour ago, suds said:

good suggestion.

Could make it so anyone can repair a vic while near repair station without needing to swap kits, just make the shovel appear as a wrench and give them the same capability. this would help promote teamwork.

Why should a medic be able to repair something just because of a nearby repair station?

We could just make the repair station vulnerable. For example, being able to disable the repair station by shooting the generator like a motor engine.

Or alternatively, the repair station no longer granting the auto repair function but adding certain thinks to anyone with a repair tool like faster repair speed.

1 hour ago, Phoenixstorm said:

We could just make the repair station vulnerable. For example, being able to disable the repair station by shooting the generator like a motor engine.

Pretty sure you could always shoot it and/or dig it down.

3 minutes ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Pretty sure you could always shoot it and/or dig it down.

Yeah, if you carry a 120mm Rifle around.

On 6/14/2019 at 2:33 PM, Phoenixstorm said:

Why should a medic be able to repair something just because of a nearby repair station?

because it promotes teamwork. yes the crewman with repair tool should be faster but if things are bad you help, RL and in game. the 2 crewmen can stay in the vic to be able to respond to the nearby and known threat. the guys standing around can help out because there is a repair station in range with all the imaginary tools and parts needed. Use your imagination. The world is better that way, including in games.

4 minutes ago, suds said:

because it promotes teamwork. yes the crewman with repair tool should be faster but if things are bad you help, RL and in game. the 2 crewmen can stay in the vic to be able to respond to the nearby and known threat. the guys standing around can help out because there is a repair station in range with all the imaginary tools and parts needed. Use your imagination. The world is better that way, including in games.

More teamwork would be if the Inf. would secure the Area instead of repairing and getting shot.

Yes, that is passive teamwork but we don't need systems in the direction where anyone can do all by themselves if you can do all by yourself you need no team. That's my point.  

so you are against teamwork?

Inf often cant do anything about enemy vics, surely they would help secure the asset that is effective. repair station simulates a larger operation and keeps the game flowing, making it a place where numbers improved efficiency is a perfect outcome.

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, suds said:

so you are against teamwork?

Pardon, are you kidding me? or do you misunderstand me on purpose?

Inf often cant do anything about enemy vics, surely they would help secure the asset that is effective.

Inf can help secure the area around a friendly vehicle, especially if the vehicle lost the engine/tracks/wheels.

When an opponent vehicle appears you still have your team vehicle that will mainly focus against the opponent vehicle but don't forget that you have friendly Inf around and they have at least access to LAT or even HAT and can support the friendly vehicle by damaging/immobility kill/destroy the opponent vehicle.

No Vehicle even a Tank can do Anything if they are tracked or without engine and surrounded by Infantry it's only a matter of time until the vehicle gets destroyed because the Infantry denied any repairs being done. That's why a secured area around the vehicle to repair is so damn important and you need your fellow teammates for that job.

Do not forget that most Vehicles get disabled/destroyed by Infantry and your comment that Infantry can't do anything is a pure lie, even the US Grenadier cant damage/disable/destroy vehicles up to the BTR's.

Do you even played as a LAT, HAT or Crewman? Do you know which components you need to hit/hide?

Do you even once called for help for your vehicle or responded to someone in need?

repair station simulates a larger operation and keeps the game flowing, making it a place where numbers improved efficiency is a perfect outcome.

You are part of a team and a one-man team isn't a team by definition.

The game keeps flowing if the whole team knows their part what to do and NOT to do.

I'm so sick of it if someone twisting my words.

Edited by Phoenixstorm
spelling, moving a line

but what are you arguing?

I am talking about a repair station not auto repairing and adding some teamwork features which make it work better if more people get involved.

or are you just arguing because that is what you do?

why not let other people assist with common duties? you seem to be saying, its not my job...

yes i play to win. if this means doing crappy jobs I will, to a point... some people arent worth helping ;)

46 minutes ago, suds said:

but what are you arguing?

I am talking about a repair station not auto repairing and adding some teamwork features which make it work better if more people get involved.

or are you just arguing because that is what you do?

why not let other people assist with common duties? you seem to be saying, its not my job...

yes i play to win. if this means doing crappy jobs I will, to a point... some people arent worth helping ;)

You didn't get it, do you?

Guess what happens most of the time if someone is trying to repair? They get killed.

When you would assist them with the field-repair you will get killed too, if nobody is covering the area around the vehicle first. I know scanning nearby field & buildings aren't fun but that crappy job needs to be done just like saving abandoned/disabled logis.

Field-repairing is risky and should be risky. Thatswhere the automatic repair function comes in, it's risk-free and grants a huge advantage in combat.

On 13.6.2019 at 8:08 PM, paragonid said:

It's a success algorithm in closed matched vehicle fights repair the vehicle in combat as the driver or keep the vehicle next to repair station to survive/safe vehicle from fire. While repair crew next to vehicle is downable, shooting repair station puts you in significant disadvantage while not creating the any risk. Invisible repair crew on repair stations shouldn't give vehicles combat advantage

That's the point/issue OP stated.

Any vehicles in range mutate into an AT/.50Cal/30mm/120mm bullet sponge depending if you can or can't destroy them instantly or with 2 hits otherwise it results in ammo waste plus a serious disadvantage to fight against.

On 14.6.2019 at 2:29 PM, suds said:

good suggestion.

You even agreed to that kind of issue like myself but I disagree with your suggestion that anyone should be able to get repair's done because that didn't address the risk-free issue for the vehicle crew.

On 17.6.2019 at 1:49 PM, suds said:

Last but not least I will address your sense about teamwork.
A team is setup up by different peoples with different roles, they help each other out without taking the role of someone other. A nurse didn't swing the scalpel, the policeman didn't operate a fire hose, the striker didn't catch the ball with the hand, the waiter didn't cook food. A Team gets the Job done if everyone knows their role.

Now let us take a team into squad, first of you need an attack and defence force.

Next ones are the vehicles and last but not least are special roles like mortars.

You won't play a perfect round and something will go wrong, in our case the Vehicle needs repair. While the Crew task is anything related to the vehicle itself, the Inf (most of the time the defending half) task is to provide the repair station at their fob and keep the area secure and spot incoming threats.

When the Inf would help at repairs they shouldn't be surprised if the opponent can sneak by or even set up an ambush.

no, you don't get it... lol

options/flexibility, teamwork boosts to overall effectiveness, multiple players available for tasks without penalty to individual, realism referenced and gameplay positives.

My suggestion offers all of this and more. You dont have to like it. Trying to convince me I am wrong is where this thread burns out.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, suds said:

no, you don't get it... lol

options/flexibility, teamwork boosts to overall effectiveness, multiple players available for tasks without penalty to individual, realism referenced and gameplay positives.

My suggestion offers all of this and more. You dont have to like it. Trying to convince me I am wrong is where this thread burns out.

Let's agree to disagree.

Edited by Phoenixstorm

6 minutes ago, Phoenixstorm said:

Let's agree to disagree.

No

Hah!