Sign in to follow this  
paragonid

Vehicle damaged turret reduced moving speed is exploitable via DPI

It's possible to bypass slowed movement speed for damaged turret with increased DPI. It should be hard limited instead

Agreed. I was happy when they introduced the WASD controls for turrets because it meant there could be hard limits on movement speed without making using them annoying. Unfortunately it's only on certain turrets.

When I spoke to one of the QA guys in discord this is apparently a design decision to only include the WASD movement with turrets that are mechnaically assisted in real life. Seems strange to me given we're controlling the turrets with a mouse and keyboard anyway but maybe that's why DPI is still able to affect turret movement.

It should still be possible to add a hard cap of certain degrees per second on rotation speed for different damage states, regardless of mouse sensitivity settings.

As for the keyboard controls for mechanical turrets, i think that's because these tend to be gear operated and they have a certain preset stepping. Gears and keyboard controls are usually less accurate than servos/motors and mouse controls, maybe that's why they went with that implementation.

Passing this one along to the team for review. Thanks for the feedback. =)