SeVen2k

Low FPS on High-end PC

Hello..

Im having issues with my FPS in Squad. Im getting an average of 20-50 fps (depends on map) on normal servers, on the shooting range im getting also 60 fps, When i change the graphic settings on LOW or ULTRA im getting the same fps, maybe 5fps more on LOW graphics. Other games run smoothly like they should. But squad is getting some issues.

I have already tried many things like, updating my Drivers, configurating/optimize my AMD GPU settings etc...

i would be very thankful if someone can help me  (sorry for my bad english)

Game version v14

Resolution : 1920x1080

My PC Specs :

Win10 on HDD

Squad on SSD ( all of my games on ssd )

x64

Graphics card : MSI Radeon RX 480  X 8GB

Mainboard : MSI 970 Gaming MS-7693

RAM : 16gb    =     8GB HyperX FURY rot DDR3-1866 DIMM CL10 Dual Kit           x2 times

CPU : AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor 4GHz

Posted (edited)

I have the same problem, starting with a14, on a higher end desktop. Version a13 worked fine. It's not a map issue, as it occurs in the Shooting Range. It occurs in 1080p with known good settings from a13 and in 1440p with lesser settings. It's not 100%, but is is eventually 100%. I can't play Squad due to this problem. This video shows it working fine for a while, then I disconnected from the Shooting Range, and re-joined as a different faction and it was slow:

Edit to add: Cleared cache in game and deleted files. Same problem with old AMD driver and new driver.

Win10 and Squad on M.2 SATA

Z370 Aorus Gaming 7

i7 8700K, stock

16GB (2x8)

RX 590, latest driver

1080p 60hz monitor via HDMI, 1440p 144hz monitor via DP

Edited by Corporal Upham
cache, driver

On 11.06.2019 at 5:51 PM, SeVen2k said:

CPU : AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor 4GHz

This is bad.

@Ruplay, but it runs well on every other game, like PUBG Full ultra settings 100fps, GTA V ultra setting 60fps normal. Only in Squad low fps ?

@Corporal Upham urs is more bad than mine. i dont have big stutter laggs, i mean i can play squad on like 30-50 fps most of the time, its annoying but playable

op, you need to upgrade your CPU, the FX series is notorious for being bad at Squad

36 minutes ago, SeVen2k said:

but it runs well on every other game, like PUBG Full ultra settings 100fps, GTA V ultra setting 60fps normal. Only in Squad low fps ?

AMD FX has bad IPC, it has weak cores. The problem may also be not in CPU, but probably is. Install MSI afterburner and check CPU and GPU load.

@Ruplay ive done that before and saw nothing suspicious. But im gonna try it again next time when i play. I will let you know.

23 hours ago, SeVen2k said:

@Corporal Upham urs is more bad than mine. i dont have big stutter laggs, i mean i can play squad on like 30-50 fps most of the time, its annoying but playable

Which is terrible considering I have a more powerful CPU, a more powerful GPU, and twice the RAM.

@Corporal Upham   have u tried to wipe ur pc to the factory settings ? like delete everything, ive done that and gained like 10fps more. Maybe u got some shit settings or a shit programm which is causing this shit.

The 8350's single thread performance isn't really great, and with Squad needing exactly that it's not strange your framerate is low. Here is a list, the ones at the top are the best for Squad. I don't know if the 8350 is on the same chipset as any of them, but if it is you won't have to replace your motherboard - could be a relatively cheap upgrade.

@saXoni Thanks, i forgot to update my status. Still low frames, got better abit when i whiped my whole Computer(5-10fps). 

Didnt know it was the cpu causing this. Thanks i will get a new one.