Sign in to follow this  
Overwatch

Proposed change to "Call Medic" always in English

The addition of the CALL MEDIC button is a nice one IMHO however, having it always in English is an immersion breaker when one is not playing US.

Here are two possibilities:

Have it say MEDIC (or whatever) in the native language of the team you are. Rather quickly, players would learn what that simple term is; what is being yelled maybe not what is actually said (unless there are future plans for more canned ingame call outs). 

Or, if the devs dont want to use the native language, have the downed soldier simply yell out in pain (different per faction) when that CALL MEDIC button is pressed. 

Lastly, what about making this CALL MEDIC audio heard by all in proximity regardless of team? That would make its use challenging. 

I assume these are just placeholders for the other factions until they can find some Arabic, British and Russian voice talent. This can't be the finished product because I'll agree it is a bit disconcerting. If they do in fact add additional language call-outs Squad will also double as "educational" software because its teaching you some basic foreign language skills ;)

I even remember how it was from bf2 when you are hit and calling a medic while playing with MEC ;-)

5 minutes ago, Bahrein said:

I even remember how it was from bf2 when you are hit and calling a medic while playing with MEC ;-)

Delta Force had some classic death call outs in Arabic and Spanish:

• Added the first iteration of a voice command radial menu that allows players to give simple voice-over call-outs. At the moment, only American English is available but more voices will be added in later.

Posted (edited)
On 6/10/2019 at 11:54 AM, Zylfrax791 said:

Delta Force had some classic death call outs in Arabic and Spanish:

however i do think that this type of callout commands is not nessesery at all.

Edited by Bahrein

removing the button would be easier and have a better outcome :)

or replace it with a sponsored "Buy a Mic" button :)

i agree they should make it so that its heard by the other team also. I think it would help with the emersion a lot! 

2 hours ago, suds said:

removing the button would be easier and have a better outcome :)

or replace it with a sponsored "Buy a Mic" button :)

"I dont like voice lines, therefore nobody should have fun with it"

im not that bothered, and other team can hear it btw :) which is the only reason I havent been so upset by it.

currently i only revive people who can tell me approximately where their killer is. unless I am drunk, then everyone gets a cuddle.