pv2_cothron

SIGINT should be in the game.

Hey, US Army soldier here! Right now I'm a soldier in the MOS of 35N and I love squad a lot and all the classes act how they should and it makes me happy, but we are missing something, intel. Infantry is the King of battle, artillery is the Queen, Intel is the chess player. What I suggest is a class, maybe only 3 people on a team with radios and rifles just to listen into the enemy communications. It would make Squad stand out even more than it already does for being a great game.

What I propose is being able to get on top of a hill set out a radio and listen to the enemy's coms and being able to relay the information to the squad leaders, they should be able to jam, or hell maybe even putting the prophet system in a vehicle, it would be very interesting see how players use it. If the devs see this and want to ask questions, I can confirm my Army affiliation and answer some unclassified questions :)

2 hours ago, Hotpokkaminny said:

everyone would just use discord then

Yeah, this is also why we can't hear the enemy at the moment.

It's a nice idea for a milsim type group but wouldn't work in public play.

With UAVs coming for commander at some point we'll get an intel dynamic and only time will tell how well that works.

24 minutes ago, Stom said:

Yeah, this is also why we can't hear the enemy at the moment.

It's a nice idea for a milsim type group but wouldn't work in public play.

With UAVs coming for commander at some point we'll get an intel dynamic and only time will tell how well that works.

it makes more sense for proximity chat because you're not really going to be in discord with your whole team