Ruplay

Building is useless

I don't see any point to build smth in this game. Like you build FOB, HUB, AMMO and that is all. Sometimes you build machine gun. But there is no point to build sandbags and barbed wire on FOB. There is no point for Engineer to build that anywhere on map. You just get spotted more easily and be killed with headshot or grenade faster. Sometime you try to build but gameplay speed forces you to change position in 10 sec after you completed your build. Do you see that problem?

Out of the deployables for the FOB, the only that make sense to "always" build are the HAB and ammo crate(s). Depending on the location, you might want a TOW/Kornet or maybe a machinegun, but that gives your FOB location away. If there is a reinforced position, mortars but same thing, gives the fob location away. 

In a normal pub game, only TOW makes sense for me, but i'd rather have a dedicated fob for that position.

PS: superfobs are sh*t

People forget that you can just remove the fob and leave defences for later.

My favourites are road blocks and funneling methods. Denial of access of IFV/APC to around towns turn vehicles fights  into more CQB, topped with the fact that if the enemy armour is using its rounds to destroy deployables then it's not killing friendlies.

Superfobs have problems now, for having 2 enemies within 30m kills the spawn, very rarely do SL consider this. And how placing Radio next to a outside wall that a sapper can take down without even entering.

Engineers sandbags can be great for deploying for AR bipod so as to give some protection and rotation of the gun. Or to half block a road so to force the enemy to drive over a mine.

There are an ever developing gameplay meta, if  you explore the game enough to experience them and see what various SLs are doing.

I do like trying to create fake HAB, a hescos with triple sandbags behind to seem like HAB from distance, you've only limited to your imagination. 

3 hours ago, Ruplay said:

Do you see that problem?

Yes.

That is the reason we all hate people that builds so called "super FOBs".

Just now, Axel said:

Yes.

That is the reason we all hate people that builds so called "super FOBs".

May you give definition to "super FOB", please?

14 minutes ago, Ruplay said:

May you give definition to "super FOB", please?

Usually: "Building a ton of hescos and emplacements but forgetting to actually look for enemies so they sneak in and kill everyone".

The current gameplay is to fast compared to the building/shovelling process usually, it's more effective to spot opponent movement early and engage attack them with a fireteam. When you wait and get pinned it's only a matter of time until you lose.

Most of the times, they effectively blindside themselves with fortifications and being too occupied with building them.

Pillow forting is the Maginot Line of Squad. Building pretty much anything is basically useless unless you want to block a particular doorway, choke point or bridge as diversion strategy. I said a long time ago a FOB should be restricted to a couple rows of Hesco's, half dozen sanbags and wire rolls.

When I see my team doing this I typically just leave and go find another server because I know we're going to lose the match.

I think it's because rally points are too good/easy nowadays and have become the spawn point of choice, so FOBs are not used that much. The buddy rally system makes troop movement much faster while, most importantly,  they are also very hard to counter (you can kill vehicles, you can spot FOBs, but there will always be a sneaky SL with rallies of his own on which to place a buddy rally when you screw things up).

Generally, there would be no need to fortify a FOB unless you wanted to run specific emplacements for a chosen purpose (eg, a TOW covering a crucial intersection or a mortar squad). A plain FOB is much easier to hide, you can spawn there, move towards the cap from a different direction, place a rally along your new route to confuse the enemy about the actual location of the FOB, then start your assault.

However, some plain FOBs could be fortified after their initial build up. These are cases where you build a plain FOB for spawning, the enemy discovers it but you really need it for the next cap. In these cases, it made sense to have one squad fortify and defend it, so the rest can spawn on it and push to the cap.

Since everyone is spawning on rallies nowadays, there is no need for that. Actually, let me correct that...most players think there is no need for that. But once we get to a point where nobody can spawn anywhere (and it happens quite often), then they rush to build FOBs, but it's too late and the other team steamrolls them while they sit in main shooting their guns in the air, unable to do anything.

Most of the games i play, i'm lucky if my team has 3 FOBs across the entire map.

Worse than that, they are 99% of the times placed on the actual cap, so the defenders get limited to no overwatch or covering fire coming on the cap from outside of it. They just sit there waiting to be assaulted and since everyone has grenades, the outcome is pretty predictable.

Instead, if you have a FOB some distance away and most of your guys around the cap (with only a few inside it), you get a much better lookout. When your guys die and respawn, or other squads spawn on your FOB, they can walk for 30 seconds and have pretty good overwatch on the cap to support the remaining defenders, or rush the attackers if they manage to get in and have taken casualties of their own. It makes so much more sense to have the FOB some distance away from the cap, but almost nobody does it. It seems as if the only concern for a majority of players is to get into a shooting position as fast as possible, repeatedly, ticket after ticket, even if that costs them the round. I'm genuinely confused sometimes xD

They need to make rallies have a max distance they can be from a FOB. So that there an extension of the FOB and not some thing you can place anywhere on the map.

I feel like the biggest issue is being able to place them on the capture points, its stupid. I feel if you forced players to place it like 100-200m away from the cap, it would improve things. There'd be more room for flanking, less of meatgrinder. Hopefully this would also encourage taking out the enemy fob more to be able to properly hold an objective, and more reasons to defend your own with some emplacements.

Ofcourse, rally points need to be nerfed aswell, and buddy rally just needs to completely dissapear.

Edited by Guan_Yu007

They should have fortifications be built on their own but slowly with a timer. Digging stuff is something nobody wants to do and makes the game boring.

I like the idea and something I originally thought would be good in PR, is to be able to build with supplies but not have to be a fob.  Treat supplies as able to build certain things anywhere on a map but not everything that can be built on a fob.

Entrenchements, TOW, wire, foxholes etc, long as have supplies could all be buildable outside of a fob.  I feel this could improve some gameplay aspects described here of building only fobs.

For example setting up a roadblock, wire then mines from a supply vehicle.  Some assets deployable by a CE that doesnt have to be a SL.  

I'll probably write this all up as a suggestion as a whole but felt was relevant to this topic.  

The fix is really simple: Remove the ticket value of the FOBs. Teams already pay for FOBs and their related emplacements through, time, manpower, and resources.

As I have stated and laid out in detail many times, the FOB should be changed into a Supply Dump(Which it already basically is) that is dropped by logi trucks. The supply dumps, in addition to functioning as a resupply point, have a build radius just like the FOB currently has(BUT the proximity radius would be just as long as the build radius, and the build radius would be shorter). This would allow teams to just drop a supply dump, set up an HMG in a good position, and make use of it without fear of FOB hunters overrunning them and taking out a 10 ticket asset.

While just removing the ticket value of the FOB would solve the major issue, it would be best if the supply dump was introduced as the current system means a FOB built just to set up a temporary TOW or HMG could be blocking other good FOB/HAB locations on the map and, to some extent, revealing the positions of spawn FOBs by process of elimination.

Build times would also have to be reduced for most emplacements as it just takes too much time to get anything built right now.

On 9/14/2019 at 7:28 PM, Tartantyco said:

As I have stated and laid out in detail many times, the FOB should be changed into a Supply Dump(Which it already basically is) that is dropped by logi trucks.

I really like the idea of a supply dump rather than a FOB. It seems to fit much better than a pile of radios out in the middle of the woods with a random hesco bunker. It for sure would make more sense for a guy to set a C4 charge on a pile of munitions rather than some comms gear.

The idea of getting rid of the FOB radius could work as well. Too many times have I wanted to place a HAB in a good spot only to find that a previous radio is too close. This does have it's drawbacks in that HAB bunkers would likely get spammed about but this could be solved by simply keeping the radius for HABs only. Due to the current supply mechanics on the infantry side, this could definitely help squads to resupply more often than only when they are wiped out and respawn at the HAB. Spawns should be limited but more supplies should be encouraged.

For the tickets the radio (or in this case, the supply dump) there should be no ticket cost if it is destroyed. If there should be a ticket cost anywhere, it should be on the spawn bunker itself, keeping a punishment in place for poorly thought out placements.

I'd think more people would actually build stuff if it didnt take a year for a whole squad to complete a few sandbags.

On 06/06/2019 at 4:01 AM, Ruplay said:

I don't see any point to build smth in this game. Like you build FOB, HUB, AMMO and that is all. Sometimes you build machine gun. But there is no point to build sandbags and barbed wire on FOB. There is no point for Engineer to build that anywhere on map. You just get spotted more easily and be killed with headshot or grenade faster. Sometime you try to build but gameplay speed forces you to change position in 10 sec after you completed your build. Do you see that problem?

yes, you totally have a point, the game plays very fast, so its kinda useless

if you played PR it made sense in there, because PR is way slower

in Squad you just run, run, die, run some more, so no point in holding an area well protected

4 hours ago, EA_SUCKS said:

yes, you totally have a point, the game plays very fast, so its kinda useless

if you played PR it made sense in there, because PR is way slower

in Squad you just run, run, die, run some more, so no point in holding an area well protected

+1

On 6/6/2019 at 2:01 AM, Ruplay said:

But there is no point to build sandbags and barbed wire on FOB. 

20181114142305_1.jpg
No need to thank me for changing your mind about barbed wire and stuff... Just doin ma jarb.

Edited by The Goth Cat

8 hours ago, The Goth Cat said:

20181114142305_1.jpg
No need to thank me for changing your mind about barbed wire and stuff... Just doin ma jarb.

Lol

When you have TOO MUCH free time....

Sigh...

1 hour ago, Nightingale87 said:

Lol

When you have TOO MUCH free time....

Sigh...

That one time Trump joined the Russian forces and really didn't want us taking Petrivka.

1 hour ago, The Goth Cat said:

That one time Trump joined the Russian forces and really didn't want us taking Petrivka.

Build the Wall.....but a HESCO WALL would be better!

Think structures need a buff in strength.  Push up the weapon strength required for destruction.

Remove Buddy rally
They can remove the buddy rally now that we have choppers as it was only invented to make sure factions don't die out. Choppers are allowed to create FOBs and will also reduce "dying out" symptoms anyway. This change will make FOBs more important.

Overflow in construction
I have been supplying FOBs with choppers for a while and notice we got 6 FOBs up and all of them have thousands of supplies in it.  They should up the costs of construction or lower the construction income.

Change the build process
The speed of the game is fast and a FOBs will become useless very quickly. decrease the build time for defensive structures and massively increase build time for attacking structures. This will allow people to setup a quick FOB and focus on the game instead of shuffling and the squad-leader asking people to build. 

FOBs are worthless
Add the risk of loosing a FOB by increasing penalty. Defending a FOB cost more giving it to them. Set a limit for FOBs we need to remove old FOBs to push up. Increase members of squad needed for build they need to build the FOB up to put the supplies in. Slowing those close quarters FOB builders ( this will give the other faction time to recover after losing a flag ).

Add helipads
Add helipads (with map marker) as a construct-able for repair functions (could just be a copy/paste repair station). This is more reason of having a good save FOB and guarded.

Decrease building radius
The hide the FOB and create a HAB on the edge is not working correctly. I know dead-zones and can place it off sync with the game and it wont get noticed and i just keep building HABs. Find the FOB is not fun and often more of a drag. It also removes having 15 ammo caches on a certain point.

TOWs are overused
To combat those TOW FOBs being dropped at mountain tops and taking out helicopters and tanks. Tows should only be able to build on captured points. I know it will increase building FOBs on Flags but it is better then veterans cleaning out the whole server. It also focus more on the flags.

All my changes will make the game more slower paced and puts choppers and FOBs in a more important place in the match. In normal matches we should have a few FOBs on critical positions that serve more purpose today. They should rely more on logistical capabilities to get to their point. Creating huge FOBs should be more for advance and secure or insurgency.

When is dying become so empty in squad :(

Edited by SinisterGlitch