Gatzby

Alpha 13 Survey Review

5 minutes ago, Pluto is a planet said:

You can run around and kill people if you are a good FPS player. But as soon as a squad starts to play like a unit you are in trouble, and even more so if the entire team starts to coordinates its moves. That in itself will force the lone wolfers to adapt or find another game. It doesnt matter if you are Shroud. If you face a coordinated squad using vehicles as support you are going to lose..

I have found this to be the case, when it happens. The biggest problem so far though, is it (coordinated teamplay) doesn't seem to happen enough.

Far too often I wind up with a squad that works more as a collection of individuals rather than a group with an oriented goal. Everyone's kinda doing their own thing but in proximity to one another. Getting a team to work together is a monumental undertaking from my observations.

Well this is disappointing to see. I guess OWI cares more about catering to the masses and push towards a more casual game.  This survey should have been only done by the founders through kickstater. It's your founders that supported you and granted you the money to build a game based off a similar vision. Now that vision is changing and it seems like the greed for more money is what is pushing this game to become more casual for a wider audience. I get it from a business point of view, but as someone who is one of the original founders and gave a $100 pledge. I have lost faith in OWI and what they originally set out to do. There is no more trust with this company for me and the future of what squad is to become to me personally looks bleak. I'm sorry, but I feel like more changes like this to make the game less punishing and faster pace to cater to the wider audience will happen in the future.

PS. I cant help but feel like these numbers are rigged to support what the devs want. After all they have been very silent about it and never once tried to explain the changes and what they are trying to accomplish through them. Changes happen for a reason and in the past the devs have been vocal about them. Here they are completely quiet so to me it looks bad.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Tastey Wabbits said:

Well this is disappointing to see. I guess OWI cares more about catering to the masses and push towards a more casual game.  This survey should have been only done by the founders through kickstater. It's your founders that supported you and granted you the money to build a game based off a similar vision. Now that vision is changing and it seems like the greed for more money is what is pushing this game to become more casual for a wider audience. I get it from a business point of view, but as someone who is one of the original founders and gave a $100 pledge. I have lost faith in OWI and what they originally set out to do. There is no more trust with this company for me and the future of what squad is to become to me personally looks bleak. I'm sorry, but I feel like more changes like this to make the game less punishing and faster pace to cater to the wider audience will happen in the future.

PS. I cant help but feel like these numbers are rigged to support what the devs want. After all they have been very silent about it and never once tried to explain the changes and what they are trying to accomplish through them. Changes happen for a reason and in the past the devs have been vocal about them. Here they are completely quiet so to me it looks bad.

Totally agreed, signed.

Edited by Phoenixstorm

21 hours ago, Gatzby said:

A note before we begin: due to our development schedule, there’s likely to be about (roughly) a patch delay between surveys and any changes implemented based on their results.

I feel some assumptions are being made about this article.

The intent was to show the results of the survey. There have been no judgments made as to whether or not the Squad development team will act on the results of the survey.

As stated in the quote, it will take the A15 development cycle to figure out if changes will be made and implement said changes.

An example, for all I know, the design team will take out Buddy Rally due to the upcoming release of helos. 

No promises are being made here, and we're just asking what people think and considering those responses.

Thank you all for the feedback. 

1 minute ago, SgtRoss said:

The intent was to show the results of the survey. There have been no judgments made as to whether or not the Squad development team will act on the results of the survey.

As stated in the quote, it will take the A15 development cycle to figure out if changes will be made and implement said changes.

An example, for all I know, the design team will take out Buddy Rally due to the upcoming release of helos. 

No promises are being made here, and we're just asking what people think and considering those responses.

Thank you for clarification.

2 minutes ago, Phoenixstorm said:

Thank you for clarification.

No problem.

At the end of the day, the design team is going to do what they feel is best and they will make decisions that we dislike and some we like.

I'm essentially just a player now, too, so I have to live with the changes they make like the rest of ya's. :P

As far as understanding the intent, well, we will continue to be transparent and discuss these things. I would have a look at the SquadChat with Phil that happened recently. Also, we're likely to have more stuff coming up in the future to talk about these things.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Tastey Wabbits said:

I´m afraid you have a point. I don´t want to believe it just yet. I still have faith in this guys. 

1 hour ago, SgtRoss said:

I want to belive this.

Still. The secrecy with the survey and the highly biased interpretation of this makes it hard.

Edited by Nightingale87

The most competitive squads ive been in in V13 are all about the SL finding a good balance of when to give up die and respawn, and when to update rally to attack from a different position. PERIOD. When you are in a squad like that, you know you´re in a good and competitive ROUND WINNER squad. And they don´t even communicate that much (not even as half as in PR); it´sa just a group of individuals who share a rally.

My exprience in v13.

14 hours ago, SgtRoss said:

Interesting clarification, thanks Ross.

I know I am in the minority, but if you really want to leave the current increased speed (which I can also understand given the great distances to walk), I sincerely hope at least that the "momentum" returns and a feeling of "physicality" and inertia that with v13 is completely lost.