Another good map to finally steer away from bad maps like Chora.

And FINALLY territory control we have all been waiting for so long!

When is it coming? I don't see any release date? Steam doesn't update the game either.

8 minutes ago, WVNDERWAFFE said:

When is it coming? I don't see any release date? Steam doesn't update the game either.

Restart steam and the new update should be visible.

10 hours ago, Hotpokkaminny said:

vehicle torque has been broken for ages now, no idea why they haven't fixed it

also no idea why they still haven't updated the Russian marksman

Yes, vehicles in this game seem to be extraordinarily sluggish even over easy to traverse terrain.

I also concur on the Russian Marksman, at least so far as the optic. Their currrent implementation of the PSO-1 is far too cluttered to be able to make more effective use of.

Posted (edited)

Played a few hours yesterday and TC was very fun and Skorpo is a great map. Good job guys!

The stone walls are a bit too high. You can use your bipod on them but the weapon disappears in the wall, but is at least still able to shoot through.

TC is a great addition. The only thing I dislike is that with 1 player capping neutral zone  everyone is spreading out and it doesn't make any sense to keep your squad cohesive. It encourages the complete contrary behaviour a squad lead tries to embrace.

Performance was a mixed bag on some maps, especially Narva performance seems to have suffered. But maybe it's my old cache and settings. Gonna reset it next time.

v13 run speeds are especially noticeable on Skorpo. I totally changed my playstyle compared to v12: when under fire in most cases I just evade bullets by running away. In < v12 I had to get down and was in most cases pinned down so other enemy players could flank me and take me out. Now I just run away and then run back into the fight. I really miss this pre v13 feeling. Seeing people running zigzag and even jumping is unworthy of Squad.

Edited by Mauti

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Slinky[EST] said:

...the Carl Gustav, or m3 maaws, did 0 damage to vehicles...

its very deadly on live server, trust me :) 

Skropo is wonderful map! Really nice addition to squad! Special in every way! Thank you Zeno for cool ideas and all the hard work done there! Also everyone else that contributed to that awesome map!

TC is very f***ing great!!! We need Random TC! Truly epic game mode! Great idea and well executed!

Edited by Disco

20 hours ago, Mauti said:

v13 run speeds are especially noticeable on Skorpo. I totally changed my playstyle compared to v12: when under fire in most cases I just evade bullets by running away. In < v12 I had to get down and was in most cases pinned down so other enemy players could flank me and take me out. Now I just run away and then run back into the fight. I really miss this pre v13 feeling. Seeing people running zigzag and even jumping is unworthy of Squad.

More than the speed itself, it is the total absence of momentum that allows you to dodge bullets by running in a zig zag pattern. A horrible thing for a game like Squad.

I still don't understand why the Devs have changed this from v13.

I really hope that from v15, the momentum and inertia return to the game.

20 hours ago, Mauti said:

Posted (edited)

Like the new map and game mode.

Edited by fatalsushi

Sweet turn around on the patch release! Hopefully more content and changes in the future too.

Really like the TC gamemode, adds a really good dynamic and some tactical thinking rather than just funneling 80 odd players into a tiny flag cap zone.

On 6/5/2019 at 4:37 PM, Gatzby said:

Fixed zeroing text appearing incorrectly as 300m on the SA80 SUSATs (should be 100m)

Just a point to note that the SUSAT is zeroed at 300m in real life, that's the lowest setting on the sight. So technically it was fixed before when it read 300m (I initially thought this was good attention to detail).

Territory Control gamemode is freaking amazing! More you play it, more you gotta love it! Just had amazing round of it in pub server!

This gamemode truly punish reckless gameplay and it's really proper antidote to rush meta that existed for so long. It's gonna get way more better when we get commander role, 50vs50 and randomness as in RAAS (if its even in roadmap, but if not, it should be really considered to be developed before 1.0 version).

I really hope this mode will get priority for further developing cause it really shows what this game is all about.

How to help you with text translation (Russian)?
Maybe you have a page for transfer to GitNub?
And why do not you use sound files from the Project Reality (soldiers' cries)?

Posted (edited)

Patch notes are great. 

Edited by Dimmie

Posted (edited)

Unfortunately I’m getting terrible frames on Gorodok and for some reason run benchmark made the resolution look like Wolfenstein 3D. Do an i5-6500 and gtx1060 6gb really suck that much?

Also, sometimes bandaging yourself won't work. It's utterly frustrating.

Edited by fatalsushi

RPG-29 is much worse now. the 400 meter marker is waay off. And having the double ranging system is just stupid. The Aiming ladder is there for a reason, allow us to use it instead of force us to range with X+ mouse wheel and then use the ranging ladder... In v 13 you could atleast "cheat" and set it to 400 meters and only use the ladder since it worked for all ranges 0-400 meters.

- Hit registration is still broken

- Please give spawn confirmation back

- People are still ragdolling around

12 hours ago, fatalsushi said:

Unfortunately I’m getting terrible frames on Gorodok and for some reason run benchmark made the resolution look like Wolfenstein 3D. Do an i5-6500 and gtx1060 6gb really suck that much?

Also, sometimes bandaging yourself won't work. It's utterly frustrating.

1060 6gb here too and Gorodok is horrible. I don't understand how I can average 100+ fps on some maps and 45 on another. Settings make SFA difference.

Two feedback items:

Ragdolling is hilarious now. Keep seeing bodies floating in the air and spinning at eye level.

Buddy Rally system seems to be severely discouraging people from bothering to place FOBs at all, and then completely dooms the team by encouraging them to move their spawns to a single vulnerable point that can be purged by a passing motorbike, leaving them with nothing.  Kinda seems like the opposite effect from what the design was going for.

5 hours ago, [email protected] said:

1060 6gb here too and Gorodok is horrible. I don't understand how I can average 100+ fps on some maps and 45 on another. Settings make SFA difference.

Yeah, I’ve also been getting hugely inconsistent frame rates, from around 30 to over 60.

6 hours ago, Skidborg said:

Ragdolling is hilarious now. Keep seeing bodies floating in the air and spinning at eye level.

really? i have seen very realistic ragdolling i guess. much better then before, but i havent play a lot yet

The new voice commands are the most asinine thing I've ever seen in this type of game.

I cannot think of any other features in Squad that I have had issue with, let alone being so transfixed that I posted a comment questioning them.

However I suspect these might be good intentions to reach out to a large demographic that cannot use microphones for a number of reasons.

: )

In which case please don't forget about the colour blind

Leave no man behind