Jibroni Gibironi

This game is still unplayable for me

Posted (edited)

:( I guess an AMD RX 470, Intel I7-4790K and 16 gb of ram isn't enough even with the graphics set to medium since I am still experiencing micro freezes every twenty or more seconds. They will have to optimize this game better for me to get into it. 

Edited by Jibroni Gibironi

Posted (edited)

Your system should be totally fine, especially when you have a 8g 470 version.

Make sure the game is installed on a SSD and that you deactivate preloading textures in your graphics settings.

With v13 game has more micro stutter but not regulary. Just some minor quirks after the engine upgrade.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Mauti

10 hours ago, Mauti said:

Your system should be totally fine, especially when you have a 8g 470 version.

Make sure the game is installed on a SSD and that you deactivate preloading textures in your graphics settings.

With v13 game has more micro stutter but not regulary. Just some minor quirks after the engine upgrade.

Hope that helps.

Well, its a 4 gb 470, so that's not helping me. I guess I should stop procrastinating and buy me an SSD, to see what the rage is all about. 

Posted (edited)

Even with the 4g version you should be able to run it fine. But I really assume it's your harddisk, because Squad constantly loads textures into your vram. Also it gonna speed up your loading times tremendously.

I'm using several Crucial MX SSDs for a while now. They are not the cheapest but very reliable with great performance. The 500g versions should be around 65-70€. 

https://trufflepiggy.com/find?q=Crucial MX500 500GB

Edited by Mauti

2 hours ago, Mauti said:

Even with the 4g version you should be able to run it fine. But I really assume it's your harddisk, because Squad constantly loads textures into your vram. Also it gonna speed up your loading times tremendously.

I'm using several Crucial MX SSDs for a while now. They are not the cheapest but very reliable with great performance. The 500g versions should be around 65-70€. 

https://trufflepiggy.com/find?q=Crucial MX500 500GB

Is it a plug and play device through a USB connector or do I have to swap out my old hard drive with it?

Thats a SSD you have to build in. SSD via USB port neglects a lot of its advantages. From your specs I would assume you have a free harddisk bay for the SSD in your tower. Then you add a second steam library folder and move your Squad install.