What AK iron sights do you prefer?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. What AK iron sights do you prefer?

• Old (v9) sights
    • New sights

Posted (edited)

Hey everyone.

Right off the bat, I'm probably going to be a minority here, but still - I'd like to ask what I'm about to ask.

The new (since the V10, not really new as of now) AK-series iron sights became just a godawful blurry mess with a too thin and a too high front post and super-wide V-notch on a rear sight. Needless to say - to some (mostly the people from BF/COD communities i suppose) folk it kinda helped and they liked the changes. Maybe.

But as a person who switched to Squad from Operation Flashpoint (the original one, not the joke of a game from Codemasters) and Arma series in search of a hardcore and realistic, yet a bit faster-pasted gameplay - it really ruined the AK experience for me. It became extremely hard to aim with "new" AK's iron sights and, personally, I prefer them over any red dots. But since V10- I just can't use my beloved Iron sights.

Putting aside the fact, that those sights drifted waaaay too far from a realistic depiction of an actual AK iron sights, the new sights are really hard to use. You have to aim to the tip of that ridiculously high and thin front post, which in most cases is barely visible.

Now, as a reference I'm going to attach an example of what an actual AK sight looks like and an example of how AK sights look currently in Squad. Bet you're gonna notice an extreme difference:

IRL sights < clickable (don't worry, it's a mockup AK-105, I'm not putting anyone in danger because of aiming outside my window)

TNG9yug.jpg

Squad sights < clickable

7X36136.png

Now. I understand that, most people don't care about realistic depiction of sights in video games (unfortunately), but, perhaps, you can add an option of switching between pre-V10 and post-V10 AK iron sights.

Or just make AK sights more realistic. Please.

Thank you in advance!

PS: I've added the pole, just to see how many players support my thoughts.

Edited by yanot

Posted (edited)

I have no issue with both versions of AK series rifles but for SKS it needs to change. After the change I seem can not use it properly.

Also refresh your pictures they are not shown.

Edited by DesertTigerTR

11 minutes ago, DesertTigerTR said:

I have no issue with both versions of AK series rifles but for SKS it needs to change. After the change I seem can not use it properly.

Also refresh your pictures they are not shown.

Hmm, they work perfectly fine for me, they're uploaded to imgur.
But I'll add a URLs as well.