As the title says MRAP's toughness need to be nerfed. You can not 1 shot MRAP with any ATGM, RPG29 (which is HAT and can cook russian tanks in real life) or anything else. Any ATMG just make it black smoke not even starts fire, you need second shot to destroy it. HAT hit starts fire result in destruction but not instant destruction.

All of the cases passangers can move out and run to safety(10 min ago I hit MRAP with RPG29 from front and all 3 passenger runed away I need to hunt them). While a tank or heavy armors like warrior can be taken out with 2 ATGM shot this is not acceptable.

Their predecessor Humvee can be taken out with 1-2 RKG-3 (in real life)

1 hour ago, Hotpokkaminny said:

I agree, they feel like APCs and a waste of ammo if you're LAT or HAT

the game needs more lethality in general

The problem is that if you just increased the lethality of AT then vehicles become useless because it is extremely easy to hit one with infantry AT from 500+ metres.

It's a tough thing to fix without fundamentally changing the way shooting works. I personally wouldn't be against dispersion for AT weapons but I know a lot of people who would hate it.

47 minutes ago, Stom said:

The problem is that if you just increased the lethality of AT then vehicles become useless because it is extremely easy to hit one with infantry AT from 500+ metres.

It's a tough thing to fix without fundamentally changing the way shooting works. I personally wouldn't be against dispersion for AT weapons but I know a lot of people who would hate it.

make vehicles more lethal

make vehicles more lethal

That helps IFVs and Tanks but how would you make an M2 MRAP more lethal?

The issue is if they are made more vulnerable is that they will just not be used, even less than they are currently which isn't much. I think it's a much more complicated issue than that and would require rework for a lot of different aspects like weapon accuracy and suppression.

1 hour ago, Stom said:

The issue is if they are made more vulnerable is that they will just not be used, even less than they are currently which isn't much. I think it's a much more complicated issue than that and would require rework for a lot of different aspects like weapon accuracy and suppression.

they don't need to be more lethal, they're transport vehicles

HUMVs went down in one HEAT rocket in PR yet everyone still used them

But the average view distance in PR is less than 500m and there is very little concealment for infantry in terms of shrubbery/grass/etc so it is much easier to spot and kill infantry. I'd say 2 LAT shots for an MRAP is a good deal considering the first one disables it.

2 hours ago, Hotpokkaminny said:

I don't doubt that was true in PR but MRAPs are constantly abandoned in Squad even with their extra health. Making them weaker would not improve gameplay in my opinion.

3 hours ago, fidanym said:

But the average view distance in PR is less than 500m and there is very little concealment for infantry in terms of shrubbery/grass/etc so it is much easier to spot and kill infantry. I'd say 2 LAT shots for an MRAP is a good deal considering the first one disables it.

the longer view distance makes the MRAP even better, I don't understand your argument

2 hours ago, Stom said:

I don't doubt that was true in PR but MRAPs are constantly abandoned in Squad even with their extra health. Making them weaker would not improve gameplay in my opinion.

they should be faster and better off road, vehicles in general are a total pain to drive, the MRAPs are these weird IFVs at this point

It would make it better once thermals are introduced, but right now it is a thousand times easier to spot an MRAP than an RPG in a bush.

17 hours ago, Stom said:

Its not an argument whether people will use it or not. Opfors have technicals right? They are too vulnerable but used because they are what they have. You need to be careful how you used them. They are not frontal assault vehicles or anything like that they are just another transport vehicle with weapon on top of it (just army grade small arms resistant technicals).

ATs need to either destroy them or disable them in various ways(engine dmg, wheel dmg, turret dmg, passenger injury or mostly death) like in real life.

7 hours ago, fidanym said:

It would make it better once thermals are introduced, but right now it is a thousand times easier to spot an MRAP than an RPG in a bush.

You just compared something 2.5m x 2.7m with someone hiding in bush. If you can not detect someone do not use that route it is that simple. Game do not need to compansate your carelessness.

I was merely comparing it to PR where infantry can be spotted bright as day as there is very little vegetation and the models kinda stand out unlike in Squad where the engine does a great job of compositing models, statics and vegetation with realistic lighting and shadows. 

Regardless, if light vehicles blow up in a single LAT shot nobody will use them for obvious reasons. A single lonewolf of the enemy team can deny transport. However, if the vehicle is disabled or at least set on fire with a few seconds for the infantry to jump out, it's a different story.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, fidanym said:

I was merely comparing it to PR where infantry can be spotted bright as day as there is very little vegetation and the models kinda stand out unlike in Squad where the engine does a great job of compositing models, statics and vegetation with realistic lighting and shadows. 

Regardless, if light vehicles blow up in a single LAT shot nobody will use them for obvious reasons. A single lonewolf of the enemy team can deny transport. However, if the vehicle is disabled or at least set on fire with a few seconds for the infantry to jump out, it's a different story.

Which may tempt some people into reckless driving because they know it's very unlikely to die by a single shot.

Low-risk, high reward.

On 4.6.2019 at 6:47 AM, Stom said:

but how would you make an M2 MRAP more lethal?

Thermal vision ?

Edited by Phoenixstorm
spelling