Sign in to follow this  
LaughingJack

Request: Trigger Volume for each vehicle

Dear Devs,

I have been trying to work out how to count players within a certain range of any vehicle  - OnOverlap > CountPlayers > DoSomething type thing.

1. I have tried from the Vehicle Spawner end of things and have had no luck - there is nothing to call on, on the spawned (Tracked) vehicle, to count players within.

2. I thought about adding the trigger to each vehicle by way of an added Component to each vehicle - but i have no idea if this is possible or how to do it and anyway it would require modifying versions of all the vehicles, so not going to happen.

3. I Wondered if i could add it into the SQWheeledVehicle (or one's i need to (various types vehicles)) parent but it is a C++ script that i couldn't read let alone open; this would allow all Child Vehicles to receive the Trigger.

- no luck so far,

thus, my ever-so-humble request is this:

A sphere volume of 30m radius that can be called on to Count:OverlapingPlayers or do something else, that is attached to the primary Parent Vehicle Classes.

I would really appreciate this functionality so much!

.LJ

failing that: anybody have any solid ideas on how i can achieve what i want? (without creating modified versions of all the vehicles).

thanks to Wasti, i have a couple leads on trying this out myself - related to point 2, above. (that don't require copying all the vics)

If they work out could you post the gist of the work around in the thread, I'd be fascinated to know how you got around the issue since my brother had a similar issue and the best I could do for him was create level logic that added child components  to anything that spawned as a inherited class of sqvehicle. Messy but it got the job done, but not repeatable. 

I really wish it was possible to create a blueprint override of the c++ classes like sqvehicle or sqclass or sqweapon etc. Would make things so much simpler from what I understand 

Hey there Psyrus. if i get it to work i'll be more than happy to share ;), no worries

19 hours ago, Psyrus said:

I really wish it was possible to create a blueprint override of the c++ classes like sqvehicle or sqclass or sqweapon etc. Would make things so much simpler from what I understand 

yeppers to that