Kyzmitch

Does game run normally on AMD CPU with AMD GPU?

Posted (edited)

Hi, I didn't found answer for my question related to AMD hardware in FAQs and I had experience of buying the Squad about 1-2 years ago and returning it back with refund due to low FPS. I found info about problems with AMD hardware only after purchase. So, I still want to try to play in Squad even if I switched to PS3/PS4 consoles about 5 years ago, but I want to make sure that performance problems were fixed.

My PC specs:

AMD Phenome (4 cores)

AMD HD 5870

12 GB DDR3

SSD

Usually I play games with not hight resolution like 1080p but with High-medium effects/textures quality.

Edited by Kyzmitch

Squad isn't optimized for any Pre-Ryzen AMD CPU. This also won't change in the foreseen future. Even if you have the strongest Phenom from 2011 you won't get any playable framerate.  Your 10 years old GPU is also below minimum requirements. Face it your system is around 10 years old and Squad is a really decent looking game nowadays with huge maps and very heavy on CPU side on 40vs40 servers.

I started to play Squad with a much better 6C Intel CPU from 2010/11 and an overclocked Nvidia 670 from 2011 and could achieve between 20 and 45 fps on FullHD with low to medium settings. This was with V11 so maybe the V13 improvements also have an effect on old hardware but both your GPU and especially CPU are just completely outdated.

To sum it up I don't think you will get a playable framerate at all even on the lowest settings.

On 31-5-2019 at 1:35 PM, Kyzmitch said:

Hi, I didn't found answer for my question related to AMD hardware in FAQs and I had experience of buying the Squad about 1-2 years ago and returning it back with refund due to low FPS. I found info about problems with AMD hardware only after purchase. So, I still want to try to play in Squad even if I switched to PS3/PS4 consoles about 5 years ago, but I want to make sure that performance problems were fixed.

My PC specs:

AMD Phenome (4 cores)

AMD HD 5870

12 GB DDR3

SSD

Usually I play games with not hight resolution like 1080p but with High-medium effects/textures quality.

I have a ryzen 5 2600 and it works perfectly for squad, but the older amd chips do not due to low single core preformance.

I'm currently bottlenecked by my GTX 1050Ti 4gig wich forces me to play at low 1080p, and it's 84% better than your gpu...

So TLDR, don't rebuy it unless you want a powerpoint slideshow.

As already mentioned, it simply wouldn't be worth it. I stopped playing for 2+ years with my old PC as it was struggling when Squad was inf only. That was with a Phenom 965 paired with a GTX460 OC'd. I used get around 25 fps with lowest settings played with a lower res as well.

I have e mid end PC but I'm not satisfied with SQUAD performance.

That is my rig:

Ryzen 5 1600x (Stock)

RX Vega 64 (Stock)

16GB RAM @3200MHz

Game installed on a SSD

Ultrawide monitor (2560x1080p) @75Hz

SQUAD benchmark set up all to EPIC but WTF, impossible to play in EPIC because there are too much stuttering...