Posted (edited)

For the most part these maps are mostly used to populate empty servers, scrims and for competitions. That said, considering the inclusion of the buddy rally why should anyone have to go through all this whole Logi/FOB/HAB rigamarole every time? So much redundancy at this point. Also get rid of all the vics on these layers because only noobs use them anyway.

Make the flag you just captured turn into your new spawn point with an ammo crate just like J.O. and leave the whole Logi/FOB/HAB paradigm for the big maps.

Discuss

Edited by Zylfrax791

Even though it is often better not to fob up i think it would be sad to lose the building options to modify the environment. This is a big USP for squad.

I would like to see more skirmish in rotation. quick and bloody is a great break from a string of big or slow map layers

Posted (edited)

Skirmish maps are great for seeding and to test out things in a more casual instance. It would be a shame to loose a large part of Squads features to make Skirmish a niche of its own whether you use them or not.

For Skirmish maps they could make it so rp don't just disappear when enemies get close but need digging up instead.

Edited by Major Trouble

A lot of mornings during the week before work I don't really have time to play however I do help populate a particular server I support that uses Sumari. That said, in order to kickstart it every morning its this same involved ritual of switching teams to get the FOB's down, digging the HAB's up and then as people trickle in the admins having to nag people about the "seeding rules"; stay away from the HAB's blah blah blah...

So much redundancy... really? How hard would it be to to make official server seeding maps with random spawns and ammo crates? Seriously?

For seeding and other short matches this would be great. Could even make a selection of maps called "seeding maps" or something.

Generally less server rules, and more hardcoded features making players do the desired choices, is better for a more similar experience across the servers.

On 30/05/2019 at 9:32 AM, Zylfrax791 said:

Make the flag you just captured turn into your new spawn point with an ammo crate just like J.O.

Once we get the new sdk, with fixed aas, I will be attempting to make a cap-with-PSP (Progressive Spawn Point) - logic is all on paper atm.

I have a working, but not ideal yet, universal ammo crate on the go as well.

19 minutes ago, LaughingJack said:

Once we get the new sdk, with fixed aas, I will be attempting to make a cap-with-PSP (Progressive Spawn Point) - logic is all on paper atm.

I have a working, but not ideal yet, universal ammo crate on the go as well.

Considering AAS with PSP's were literally invented by Novalogic in J.O. Typhoon Rising it might be worth poking around in NILE to take gander at the code. That said, if I recall from the SDK its called the lattice and I can't imagine it would be more difficult than dragging some connections to the nodes of a spawn event or something along those lines. Mere childs play for this team.

Yes we would love to add a Seeding mode similar to above.

On 6/1/2019 at 9:42 AM, Zylfrax791 said:

Considering AAS with PSP's were literally invented by Novalogic in J.O. Typhoon Rising it might be worth poking around in NILE to take gander at the code. That said, if I recall from the SDK its called the lattice and I can't imagine it would be more difficult than dragging some connections to the nodes of a spawn event or something along those lines. Mere childs play for this team.

yeah that stuff is - and not far different to what NL did.

the tricky bit, atm, is creating the Spawn Point attached to the Cap (with per-team and W.O.N. Spawn control) with a missing AAS script; im still waiting for the new SDK

1 hour ago, LaughingJack said:

yeah that stuff is - and not far different to what NL did.

the tricky bit, atm, is creating the Spawn Point attached to the Cap (with per-team and W.O.N. Spawn control) with a missing AAS script; im still waiting for the new SDK

Honestly I don't know how far you can go with the lattice. Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong but I'm reasonably sure that part of the code isn't actually exposed in the previous SDK and never will be. I mean think about it, that AAS blueprint code is the actual core of the game so you can't include access to the general public because they'll just steal it. That's why I imagined the team would have to make AAS with PSP and ammo crates themselves.

I am not sure giving the advancing team the ability to spawn at a recently capped point would lead to good gameplay.

Will spawn timers increase when enemies are near? 

On 6/2/2019 at 5:57 PM, Zylfrax791 said:

Honestly I don't know how far you can go with the lattice. Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong but I'm reasonably sure that part of the code isn't actually exposed in the previous SDK and never will be. I mean think about it, that AAS blueprint code is the actual core of the game so you can't include access to the general public because they'll just steal it. That's why I imagined the team would have to make AAS with PSP and ammo crates themselves.

the lattice, and AAS, works fine so far as i can tell from my testing (until the last update lost a vital script, now it broken!), so no need to access it that i can see at this stage (so, pending new SDK).

as for the PSP (spawn point), i simply wish to add a spawn to the existing cap-zone-stuff and change it's ownership and active states, driven by the cap zone states. i have access to lots of things but i'm held up by the above ^ issue.

the ammocrate requires me to find out how to combine both US and INS ammocrate BP's into one single-actor BP so they can both "Look-At" a single "crate" object. - which i have an idea for but haven't been able to try yet.