Hi All,

Noticed that there might be some weird behavior with the FPS limit setting in the general tab. When i use this feature and lock into 60-70 fps using the text field and hitting enter i get it to stick at the FPS i want, if i however then hit apply it will revert back to not being locked.

There is some sort of mechanic that is preventing this from being set properly, its not a big issues as all i have to do is go into squads setting and hit enter on the text field and it locks the frames perfectly, if i don't use the text field i cant hit enter to activate and the slider simply doesn't work when dragging.

As a side note im using a freesync monitor on an Nvidia 1080Ti setting this through the nvidia control panel which allows me to use my monitor at 75hz. I also don't have the vsync active in squad. (im not sure you can have this active with FPS limit anyway)

I have to set this everytime i start squad.

I have the same issue.

P. S. Also, if I lock FPS with or without Freesync, game periodically stutters. Like you running, move left right and see like land near foot stutters.

i locked mine to 60fps and it doesn't appear to do anything.

its been broken for some time now... I already reported it but they didnt fix it

I don’t get why people lock thier FPS, having an FPS above you monitors hertz gives the monitor more frames to chose from allowing it to refresh faster

@Thegreenzzz my two main reasons:

1.) To stay within my G-Sync(Free Sync) range. Exceeding your refresh rates turns off your monitors sync and may switch to vsync depending on your settings. This adds input lag or without vsync causes tearing. Please google for all details.

2.) Keep your system cooler and quieter. Why waste energy and produce heat rendering 200 frames when you can only show X frames per seconds perfectly in sync.

57 minutes ago, Thegreenzzz said:

I don’t get why people lock thier FPS, having an FPS above you monitors hertz gives the monitor more frames to chose from allowing it to refresh faster

on my GTX 1080, saves a lot of power consumption

Just now, EA_SUCKS said:

on my GTX 1080, saves a lot of power consumption

Yeah I guess there is that

1 minute ago, Mauti said:

@Thegreenzzz my two main reasons:

1.) To stay within my G-Sync(Free Sync) range. Exceeding your refresh rates turns off your monitors sync and may switch to vsync depending on your settings. This adds input lag or without vsync causes tearing. Please google for all details.

2.) Keep your system cooler and quieter. Why waste energy and produce heat rendering 200 frames when you can only show X frames per seconds perfectly in sync.

I mean I don’t use sync and never have, but yeah if you don’t I think the benefits outweigh the cons, to each their own I guess

Just set the in game fps slider to your desired value and don't hit the Apply Settings button. Close the menu with the ESC key instead. Its a known bug