Sign in to follow this  
DesertTigerTR

Chat Location

After the chat moved left upper side of the screen I realize that it's not attract my attention much like before and mostly I read everything on chat while playing. Also I realize other team players respond much less to it. Warning people, in the other squads and far from me to have voice chat, become difficult. I am writing this to check whether others have the same problem with it.

Posted (edited)

Definitely is. With both positive and negative consequences
If only we had configurable UIs in 21st century

Edited by paragonid

On ‎27‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 1:40 AM, DesertTigerTR said:

After the chat moved left upper side of the screen I realize that it's not attract my attention much like before and mostly I read everything on chat while playing. Also I realize other team players respond much less to it. Warning people, in the other squads and far from me to have voice chat, become difficult. I am writing this to check whether others have the same problem with it.

The thing is that this is a great thing for me. 

We should probably have some slider we could play with to make it bigger if wanted. But some of us want it to be as unintrusive as posible.

15 hours ago, paragonid said:

Definitely is. With both positive and negative consequences
If only we had configurable UIs in 21st century

15 hours ago, Nightingale87 said:

The thing is that this is a great thing for me. 

We should probably have some slider we could play with to make it bigger if wanted. But some of us want it to be as unintrusive as posible.

Making it user's decision will not help because many people will not bother themselves to make it visible. People like me who open even console to read missed messages will do it but rest will not care. Maybe there could be directed messages for that purpose. You select the man on map and send a visible message to him to warn(can be abused to harass others also so not a solution).

5 hours ago, DesertTigerTR said:

Making it user's decision will not help because many people will not bother themselves to make it visible. People like me who open even console to read missed messages will do it but rest will not care. Maybe there could be directed messages for that purpose. You select the man on map and send a visible message to him to warn(can be abused to harass others also so not a solution).

Why is it a porblem that people don´t make it visible? 99% of info is irrelevant. And the bit that is relevant has other channels. right?

I'm talking about choice with UI customization. If someone don't want chat in the eyes. dont force them. But some do