elrammstein

Theory: Would squad have more players if gore was implemented?

On 5/28/2019 at 4:04 PM, Nightingale87 said:

Now your second question is weird for me. I don´t log in to find people I don´t like. That has never happened to me (In any game). Player base is already too big for that.

I honestly wish this was the case.  I literally have just ONE player in the community that I HATE playing with,  but I seem to see him daily.  He always squad leads and is so ****ing stupid it seems like he might be trolling.  He constantly suicides his teams armor into the enemy and plays 100% milsim, while having 0 idea of any actual military tactics.  I notice the team he is on always loses ( been keeping track this week, he is 0-12 ), so I either go on enemy team or just find another server if I can't swap.

It is disgusting how much influence 1 idiot squad lead can have. 

You'll know who it is when you see him put *ll* infront of his name when he makes a squad.

Edited by Thr34t

17 hours ago, Thr34t said:

I honestly wish this was the case.  I literally have just ONE player in the community that I HATE playing with,  but I seem to see him daily.  He always says leads and is so ****ing stupid it seems like he might bev trolling.  He constantly suicides his teams armor into the enemy and plays 100% milsim, while having 0 idea of any actual military tactics.  I notice the team he is on always loses ( been keeping track this week, he us 0-12 ), so I either go on enemy team or just find another server if I can't swap.

It is disgusting how much influence 1 idiot squad lead can have. 

You'll know who it is when you see him put *ll* infront of his name when he makes a squad.

Thats how games are lost.

However even worse is if his squad is actually full and thous players do not see his incompetence and continue to follow him.

And yes do not worry you have a lot of players like that on almost every server.

I would consider gore as an option if it is part of the game's mechanic. Gore should be implemented as an indicator where the infantry is certified dead and cannot be revived. This should be applied to players who got hit by vehicle main weapon.  The other scenario that I would consider as certified death is got blown up inside vehicles.

Head-shots and overkills on injured bodies are hard to justify for certain death in my opinion. Allowing these reasons may change the medic mechanics significantly. 

If you guys already added gore to Post Scriptum to compete with Hell Let Loose isn't it incredibly easy to add it to Squad then?. I say just add it. It's already a mature rated game and a mil-sim. Embrace the realism. Sick of seeing people hit by RPG's and grenades just flop over. Or tank crewman just appear outside of vehicles " wounded " instead of blown to pieces with the armor. Add it. Clearly it was do-able with PS therefore logically it can be added here. Let's go with the gore already!. Also would be cool to see headshots kill like HLL. And also have wounded able to be blown to pieces with nades/explosives and vehicle main cannon fire and killed. 

Edited by ProjectRealityDude

@Project Reality Guy It's all well and good to add gore but as we don't have dead-dead in the game anymore which body part do team mates have to bandage to create their own Frankenstein.

The whole death mechanics need changing to accommodate (which I am in favour of). I personally would prefer if gore was added but not without dead-dead coming back. It's really up to the devs.