Posted (edited)

So I have been afk for the last 6 months and I see there is a lot to catch up on.

So I can across something I'd like to try and confirm. Have they added Battlefield style voice lines for "Frag out!" etc?

Edited by Exigo

No.

And why would they? You could just say it yourself...

I know, but I know a voice actor who is new to the VA business and he told me a few months ago that he was working on a shooter and shouting stuff like frag out etc. He revealed the game name today

sorry, but from my POV it's already super annoying in BF's and the like (referring to BF5 and that other stupid GhostRecon game of recent, in particular) - they were so badly done and over-the-top-ridiculous that i wished for an option to turn them off.

On 5/23/2019 at 2:11 PM, shipidge said:

No.

And why would they? You could just say it yourself...

This post has not aged well, ten days later ;-)

They'll add voice lines in different languages. Also why wouldn't it make the game better? At least it doesn't make it worse. There are players who have headsets that simply don't work in Squad somehow, this is better than nothing.

I see it as a good addition for mute players but calling out 'contact' without at least a rough compass direction is going be frustrating. Sort it out OWI.

To me it seems to be kind of discouragement of communication because players will tend to rely on the voice lines and become lazy to say them out themselves.

16 hours ago, MultiSquid said:

Somebody please explain to me how this ^ makes the game better.

I would like to see at least "some" automated voice lines and not lines you have to trigger yourself. 

It can create immersion which is the bread and butter of every video game. Games only really work if you can get somewhat immersed into it. Imagine you play a first person game without any footsteps. You would get passively confused because it feels wrong to move that way without any sounds. 

Apart from that sounds also work to give the player feedback. This can include things like taking a hit yourself, hitting the enemy or being out of stamina etc. I think it would be cool if your character would say something like reloading when is reloading etc. For balance reasons this should be only played for members of your own team. It is a bit annoying if you have to reload and you know a enemy is around and your character shouts: RELOADING! In this situation you would take away control of the player which would be bad in this situation. But I would like some battle chatter for the team. Obviously they should not overdo it and also avoid being way to cheesy like Battlefield 5. 

Too slow mechanic to apply. Marker placement and this both mechanics are too slow to be used properly with current gameplay.

It’s a absolute joke!!! It’s not needed or asked for but yet we got it 

it’s not 2013 anymore and seems to be a very console thing to do 

It is a crutch to make enemy hear you talking. If it was possible for enemy to hear you talking, no need in that crutches.

3 hours ago, ZXD_Lee said:

It’s a absolute joke!!! It’s not needed or asked for but yet we got it 

it’s not 2013 anymore and seems to be a very console thing to do 

Sorry about that

voice lines are cool, I need it for my PR/BF2 feeling

Play pr then, things have moved on, 99.96% of people have a mic, 0.03% are unknown and 0.01% don’t have a mic!! This is from steam stats 

20 minutes ago, ZXD_Lee said:

Play pr then, things have moved on, 99.96% of people have a mic, 0.03% are unknown and 0.01% don’t have a mic!! This is from steam stats 

Negative

I dont play PR anymore, I play Squad

voice lines give me PR feelings, they are here to stay, because those feelings are so good

19 hours ago, EA_SUCKS said:

Negative

I dont play PR anymore, I play Squad

voice lines give me PR feelings, they are here to stay, because those feelings are so good

Feelings trumps all. It's 2019.

Don't see myself using them except first 2mins to just annoy Lee lol.

Why would you use anything to give the enemy an advantage? If we must have them then make the automatic.

A bit weird i think, i hope it doesn't encourage people from playing without a mic.

Anyone who doesn't have a mic in my squad gets the boot...im sure there will be plenty of people who will accept this as an alternative to VOIP when squad leading but that's their choice.

does it give your position away when using the voice lines?

23 minutes ago, Rusky said:

Anyone who doesn't have a mic in my squad gets the boot...im sure there will be plenty of people who will accept this as an alternative to VOIP when squad leading but that's their choice.

does it give your position away when using the voice lines?

Enemies hear you