I think it would be a cool, not inmediatly necessary, but never the less a nice feature if they added an option in the settings where you can either customize vaguely a soldier for each faction or the possibility to choose beetwen male and female soldier models (for every faction, a standard model like there is now, but with females too) 

As in the armies around the world there are not only men but women fighting. I would like it very much if it was added. 

4 minutes ago, Good-Try Greg said:

The SDF do far more front line fighting in the middle east than the US military does

The SDF aren't in the game

27 minutes ago, Hotpokkaminny said:

The SDF aren't in the game

He still makes a point. Trying to argue against the model differences on the basis of realism is not going to do much. Women have and continue to fight in all sorts of armed conflicts. Not going to say adding new models is a good idea, though.

1 hour ago, TheRubbaPelican said:

He still makes a point. Trying to argue against the model differences on the basis of realism is not going to do much. Women have and continue to fight in all sorts of armed conflicts. Not going to say adding new models is a good idea, though.

so include them where it makes sense?

4 hours ago, Hotpokkaminny said:

generally speaking females don't fight on the front lines, I'd prefer the game stay authentic to this

That's more so a thing of the past, woman have actively served in front line units for the past 1 - 2 decades across multiple nations. They're generally open to most role options within the military, a lot do get directed down the medical path and serve as combat medics or in some cases get sent to the fancy schools and become officers.

When the wars broke out in the Middle East, there was quite high demand to have female troops in front line units so it was easier to interact with the female populace of towns and villages in these nations, as issues arose such as no co-operation etc when male soldiers talked to the female populace, as it was a sign of disregard for their culture and way of things over there.

1 hour ago, Dubs said:

That's more so a thing of the past, woman have actively served in front line units for the past 1 - 2 decades across multiple nations. They're generally open to most role options within the military, a lot do get directed down the medical path and serve as combat medics or in some cases get sent to the fancy schools and become officers.

When the wars broke out in the Middle East, there was quite high demand to have female troops in front line units so it was easier to interact with the female populace of towns and villages in these nations, as issues arose such as no co-operation etc when male soldiers talked to the female populace, as it was a sign of disregard for their culture and way of things over there.

if by past 1-2 decades you mean past 5 years and in extremely limited numbers (note I used the term "generally speaking") then sure

if you want to have 0.5% of the soldiers on the US and UK sides be female then that would be fine, but giving every player the ability to customise so we have female Insurgents running around is just silly

2 hours ago, Hotpokkaminny said:

if by past 1-2 decades you mean past 5 years and in extremely limited numbers (note I used the term "generally speaking") then sure

if you want to have 0.5% of the soldiers on the US and UK sides be female then that would be fine, but giving every player the ability to customise so we have female Insurgents running around is just silly

A lot of European countries like Denmark & Norway and other nations like New Zealand & Israel have allowed females in combat roles and on frontlines for decades(Literally 20 to 40 years). There's a tonne more that have too.

Other nations like the U.S, Australia & the U.K have slowly been allowing females into combat roles for the past decade, but have been allowing females on the frontlines to liaise/interact with the female populace in places like Afghanistan since the beginning of the war - As for the aforementioned reasons. 

In terms of Squad, I'm not too fussed if they're in or not. 

Nope sorry.I am a guy and i wand my character in game to be a guy.Its simple as that.

you can just pretend some are butch women. :D

We had Female player model's in JointOperations 2003, basically I didn't Care much about them then & even more so Now.

The only thing I did enjoy about them , is when they got Shot they screamed like a Biotch. (Sorry for my Political Incorrectness).:D

4 hours ago, Dubs said:

A lot of European countries like Denmark & Norway and other nations like New Zealand & Israel have allowed females in combat roles and on frontlines for decades(Literally 20 to 40 years). There's a tonne more that have too.

Other nations like the U.S, Australia & the U.K have slowly been allowing females into combat roles for the past decade, but have been allowing females on the frontlines to liaise/interact with the female populace in places like Afghanistan since the beginning of the war - As for the aforementioned reasons. 

In terms of Squad, I'm not too fussed if they're in or not. 

so more factions and roles that aren't in the game?

of the over 1 million US army personnel, less than 100 (think it's closer to 30 iirc) are women who are qualified to fight in infantry combat roles, that's 0.0001%

if you wanna put a female VA in to call in drones/artillery/whatever then cool but if this game wants to have any shred of authenticity player should not be allowed to pick their gender

Female characters in a game is one of the biggest red flag you can wave with. And that alone is a reason for adding them. For a lot of players the game would feel more realistic if they could pick a character that is similar to them. I see nothing bad in allowing players to select gender, skin color and similar attributes on their character.  

I don't even know what your first sentence means

how in the world would the game be more realistic if you could choose to play as someone who isn't actually in combat?

2 hours ago, Hotpokkaminny said:

so more factions and roles that aren't in the game?

of the over 1 million US army personnel, less than 100 (think it's closer to 30 iirc) are women who are qualified to fight in infantry combat roles, that's 0.0001%

if you wanna put a female VA in to call in drones/artillery/whatever then cool but if this game wants to have any shred of authenticity player should not be allowed to pick their gender

That's a false statistic, that would mean I would have met almost 1/4 of the females in the U.S Military, serving in combat roles lol In saying that, from my experience there were more females in air crew, medical staff, communications & supply than were in combat roles, by quite a large margin.

You also don't have to be in what's considered a combat role, to be on the front lines. The U.S Alone had near 1000 female casualties(100 KIA) during the wars in the Middle East. They were Combat medics + other medical staff, logistics/supply, cultural support, air crew / gun crew, Intelligence etc etc

You said "Generally speaking females don't fight on the front lines"  - Which is incorrect.

Anyway, Devs have said in the past, they're not for or against female character models in Squad(Which is pretty much how I feel about it) but they're not planned to be in Squad, so you don't have to worry :)

Actually the upcoming Commander role would be great opportunity to include a female model into the game if you think about it. Btw, I made an identical thread to this one 3 years ago and was flamed into oblivion so people have either kind of warmed up to the idea or perhaps maybe hardly any comes here anymore with the advent of Discord etc. Squad USA faction has a black man and what appears to be an Asian man as well so a female would be fine by me. Wes Eckhart from Novalogic put people of color and female characters into the first Delta Force game in 1999 so he was way ahead of his time I guess.

6 hours ago, Dubs said:

That's a false statistic, that would mean I would have met almost 1/4 of the females in the U.S Military, serving in combat roles lol In saying that, from my experience there were more females in air crew, medical staff, communications & supply than were in combat roles, by quite a large margin.

You also don't have to be in what's considered a combat role, to be on the front lines. The U.S Alone had near 1000 female casualties(100 KIA) during the wars in the Middle East. They were Combat medics + other medical staff, logistics/supply, cultural support, air crew / gun crew, Intelligence etc etc

You said "Generally speaking females don't fight on the front lines"  - Which is incorrect.

Anyway, Devs have said in the past, they're not for or against female character models in Squad(Which is pretty much how I feel about it) but they're not planned to be in Squad, so you don't have to worry :)

100 KIA is about 1.5% of the total US KIA in the Middle East post 2000

if we're talking actual in the trenches, shooting and getting shot at on a regular basis, going out on patrol and offensive operations (i.e. the roles that are present in Squad) it would be extremely uncommon to see any females, you yourself admit women mostly work in support roles

maybe (big maybe) you'd see a female combat medic on patrol in a relatively safe area

that being said it would be cool if we could find a way to have these support roles represented in the game somehow, either through NPCs in main base or VAs for commander abilities

5 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Actually the upcoming Commander role would be great opportunity to include a female model into the game if you think about it. Btw, I made an identical thread to this one 3 years ago and was flamed into oblivion so people have either kind of warmed up to the idea or perhaps maybe hardly any comes here anymore with the advent of Discord etc. Squad USA faction has a black man and what appears to be an Asian man as well so a female would be fine by me. Wes Eckhart from Novalogic put people of color and female characters into the first Delta Force game in 1999 so he was way ahead of his time I guess.

race and gender are completely separate, another overwritten redundant post 

27 minutes ago, Hotpokkaminny said:

100 KIA is about 1.5% of the total US KIA in the Middle East post 2000

if we're talking actual in the trenches, shooting and getting shot at on a regular basis, going out on patrol and offensive operations (i.e. the roles that are present in Squad) it would be extremely uncommon to see any females, you yourself admit women mostly work in support roles

maybe (big maybe) you'd see a female combat medic on patrol in a relatively safe area

that being said it would be cool if we could find a way to have these support roles represented in the game somehow, either through NPCs in main base or VAs for commander abilities

race and gender are completely separate, another overwritten redundant post 

You fail to realize that Squad is a major war situation. We aren’t talking proxies anymore, Russia and the US or GBR are going at it, and they’re going to call up or ask for anyone and everyone who meets physical requirements. To argue that there aren’t many women in combat roles currently is entirely irrelevant, and even then your argument still isn’t well-evidenced.

Oh, and that last bit directed at Zylfrax? He actually made good points, showing that OWI had already included some sort of individualized features for the character models, and probably has the framework to do more if necessary. Your dismissal doesn’t even address the points he makes, and seems to be the result of Zylfrax making arguments you could not answer to.

15 minutes ago, TheRubbaPelican said:

You fail to realize that Squad is a major war situation. We aren’t talking proxies anymore, Russia and the US or GBR are going at it, and they’re going to call up or ask for anyone and everyone who meets physical requirements. To argue that there aren’t many women in combat roles currently is entirely irrelevant, and even then your argument still isn’t well-evidenced.

Oh, and that last bit directed at Zylfrax? He actually made good points, showing that OWI had already included some sort of individualized features for the character models, and probably has the framework to do more if necessary. Your dismissal doesn’t even address the points he makes, and seems to be the result of Zylfrax making arguments you could not answer to.

a war between major powers doesn't mean it's a total war, even in WW2 women didn't fight outside of extremely limited numbers in the Soviet forces

Zylfrax doesn't have a point, race and gender aren't related at all in a contemporary military context

Squad should aim to be as authentic to the forces they're representing, if you don't understand that I don't think this is the game for you

23 minutes ago, Hotpokkaminny said:

a war between major powers doesn't mean it's a total war, even in WW2 women didn't fight outside of extremely limited numbers in the Soviet forces

Zylfrax doesn't have a point, race and gender aren't related at all in a contemporary military context

Squad should aim to be as authentic to the forces they're representing, if you don't understand that I don't think this is the game for you

I’m just gonna let you believe what you believe, friend. Your claims still make no sense and have no evidence to support them. As such, there is no reason to continue engaging with you. Have a great night.

46 minutes ago, Hotpokkaminny said:

Please I'll remind you just a few short months ago you made these statements here on the forum so its really hard for anyone to take you seriously when you're also very disrespectful recommending people don't play the game because their opinions differ from yours.

"the devs are incompetent and cowardly tbh, 90% of the design changes from PR have been negative they've done well from a technical perspective but at this point I don't think this game (3 years early access btw) will ever come close to PR, hopefully modders will surprise us"

"kamdesh is a steaming pile of shit and the devs need to stop wasting time making forest pixel hunts (please hire a competent map designer) alternatively just port maps from PR because those are the most popular for a reason"

"were you the fat kids in school? physically fit people can easily jump from that height and be perfectly fine"

"I'm not really concerned with making friends or making sure the devs feelings are intact, this game needs more people willing to criticise it the solution is to port the maps 1:1 from PR, I'm not sure what else you think needs to be said"

6 hours ago, Hotpokkaminny said:

you haven't provided any evidence either?

my claim is that women don't fight in infantry frontline units in significant enough numbers for it to be realistic or worth the hours to implement them in Squad, feel free to post something that contradicts this

Moderator edit : Removed silly remark.

The simple fact that you have insulted everyone who contradicts you is evidence enough. Whether consciously or not you understand that your argument is tremendously flawed. That’s why you haven’t presented any genuine evidence aside from random claims that have very little truth, against Dubs’ personal experience. The burden of proof lies on you. 

Now I’ve said enough. Good day.