Ronarch

Fire personal weapon from APC window?

DKv9odx.jpg

So this view sitting on an APC is beautiful.
But I think we should be able to fire our weapon if suddenly a enemy pops out from the woods, shouldn't we?

I suppose there is no glass on the window. Why not making the underused vehicle a bit more effective on the battlefield.

Edited by Ronarch

would be tough to have a conversation :)

17 hours ago, Ronarch said:

DKv9odx.jpg

But I think we should be able to fire our weapon if suddenly a enemy pops out from the woods, shouldn't we?

I suppose there is no glass on the window. Why not making the underused vehicle a bit more effective on the battlefield.

I can relate to such a suggestion from the back of a logi/transport but from an apc/ifv? What about the glass that protects the passengers.

I must admit it would be a fun feature, but how effective could you really be with it? I'd put it in the lower end on "nice to have but not necessary" list. We need Helo's and game fixes more right now.

From what I understand, it's more technically challenging than expected due to the interplay of vehicle physics, soldier physics, and model interaction, but I think the team has experimented with it in the past. It's something we've definitely talked about wanting, but not something we can prioritize while still building major components -- implementing the vehicles (like a BMP) to shoot out of, for example. ;) 

On 5/22/2019 at 9:53 AM, Pluto is a planet said:

Several APC:s have firing ports for the infantry. Here from inside a BMP.

BMP-1-2%252Bfiring%252Bport.png&f=1

BTR aso have them. They can be seen here, the 3 round hatches along the side of the hull:

BTR-80A.jpg&f=1

There's 8 in all around the BTR and 9 on the BMP. BMP-1_firing_arcs.png

On 5/21/2019 at 2:45 PM, Ronarch said:

DKv9odx.jpg

There called firing ports*

The 8 firing ports on the btr-80/82 & Bmp-1 be made accesible so that you can shoot out of them. It will make sitting in the veichle less boring. And add a huge amount of fire power to those veichles. Same applies to the 6 ports in the BMP-2/2M & the 4 ports in the MTLB.

Edited by GUNNERBOMB69
Bold

On 5/22/2019 at 12:16 PM, Gatzby said:

From what I understand, it's more technically challenging than expected due to the interplay of vehicle physics, soldier physics, and model interaction, but I think the team has experimented with it in the past. It's something we've definitely talked about wanting, but not something we can prioritize while still building major components -- implementing the vehicles (like a BMP) to shoot out of, for example. ;) 

Doesn't sound to complicated, but ok.

It is good that you guys are trying!