Sign in to follow this  
Ruplay

Is recoil broken?

Posted (edited)

Recoil for AK-74M and AK-74m + 1P78 is different. The difference is 2x. Recoil AK-74M = 2 x Recoil AK-74m + 1P78. When shooting Aim Down Sight (ADS).

Recoil for M4A1/M4 and M4A1 + M150 is different. The differnce is 2x. Recoil M4/M4A1 = 2 x Recoil M4A1 + M150. When ADS.

Looks like all wepons without magnification have much more recoil of the same weapon with magnification.

Also, when you shoot any small arm weapon, you may find that shooting with ADS gives less recoil. More magnification = less recoil. IMO, all weapons must have the same recoil without dependency on magnification. For now:

hip shooting = 100% of recoil

ADS with iron sight or collimator ~ 90% of recoil

ADS with 1P78 or ACOG ~ 40% of recoil

Edited by Ruplay

Posted (edited)

Stand in front of the wall (on the same distance) and shoot in it until empty. Check the highest bullet hole.

Edited by Ruplay

Posted (edited)

Well the optics add a lot of weight to the weapon so yes the recoil will be slightly less. I don't know if you shoot in real life but go to a range and shoot irons on a rifle that can mount a scope. Then mount an optic to it. Not only will the extra weight absorb some of the recoil, the weight is on the top of the rifle which also makes a difference. In fact I think the recoil is a bit much compared to real life, except maybe the SKS. I fired basically all the small arms including some of the MG's in civilian and army service and they are pretty dead on except some are a little more exaggerated slightly than in real life. Trust me adding a couple of pounds of optics on such a light intermediate cartridge like a 5.45x39 or a 5.56x45 on a rifle platform makes a difference. Go to the range and try it yourself, you'll be surprised on how much it reduces felt and real recoil.  

So no recoil is not broken. The only thing I would reduce is the unsupported m249 recoil. I think it's way crazy considering there is a forearm on there and the light cartridge and the weight of the weapon. I've only fired it in real life with the bipod which they have dead on, but I get what they were going with it, it's probably for game play reasons so that people will be more inclined to shoot with the bipod instead of running around as an automatic M4 with a 100 round belt. I wouldn't change any of the recoil even the ones that are a bit exaggerated. At least they left out the ability to use STANAG's in the M249. If anyone has ever tried to use the mag well on those things it's a pain, especially with those early 1st gen Canadian Army thermold magazines, know what I'm talking about. Please developers don't model that feature. I'm begging you. I'll have nightmares of 10 second mag changes as I'm desperately trying to get that plastic POS out of the magwell with the lever mag release. I've had enough already in the Reserves, I don't need to do it in my game. Especially if I'm not being paid for it. You have an awesome game, let's not punish the gamers out there, now.

In fact if you want to punish us gamers with that feature may I suggest a few other games to "Punish" us with:

"Wet n' Wild waterboarding adventures"

"Cheney's Duck hunt"

"Colonoscopy Probe simulator" 

"Latrine cleaning adventures"

"Septic tank commander"

I'll take any of those just don't simulate using that mag well, please.

Edited by tmpwhore

On 5/21/2019 at 10:07 AM, Ruplay said:

Recoil for AK-74M and AK-74m + 1P78 is different. The difference is 2x. Recoil AK-74M = 2 x Recoil AK-74m + 1P78. When shooting Aim Down Sight (ADS).

Recoil for M4A1/M4 and M4A1 + M150 is different. The differnce is 2x. Recoil M4/M4A1 = 2 x Recoil M4A1 + M150. When ADS.

Looks like all wepons without magnification have much more recoil of the same weapon with magnification.

Also, when you shoot any small arm weapon, you may find that shooting with ADS gives less recoil. More magnification = less recoil. IMO, all weapons must have the same recoil without dependency on magnification. For now:

hip shooting = 100% of recoil

ADS with iron sight or collimator ~ 90% of recoil

ADS with 1P78 or ACOG ~ 40% of recoil

Its less about the weight and more about the fact that magnification in a weapon dramatically effects the effect of recoil in real life.

2 minutes ago, nagasuru said:

Its less about the weight and more about the fact that magnification in a weapon dramatically effects the effect of recoil in real life.

Didn't understand what you are talking about. ACOG - 300g, T1 - 100g. Weapon - 3kg. The difference in recoil in game is 40-50%. 200g provide twice as low recoil... For sure, magnification dramatically increase recoil, in game, well, exactly the opposite. IMO, recoil with magnification must be increased for realisь and balance.