Ruplay

[Suggestion] Better fireteam management

Posted (edited)

I am not a hardcore milsim player and English is not mu native language. I want an ability as SL to:
1. Give a fireteam name on native language;

2. Choose color on fireteam creation;

3. Choose appearence of fireteam members on map.

1. Give a fireteam name.

The game is sold all over the the world. In most countries English is not native language. Since there is an ability to choose Squad name on creation on native language, I want to ask the same feature for fireteams. It is easier to understand native words and it is better for beginners. If you play as SL, you don't need to memorize the fireteam specialization, just give appropriate name or leave A, B or C if you want. Also I want to be able to change fireteam name after its creation.

2. Choose color on fireteam creation.

That is important for better coordination. You may give aggresive  and more distingushible color to attack fireteams.

3. Choose appearence of fireteam members on map.

For now it is hard to recognize fireteams on map, the differencies between squad member and fireteam member are badly noticeble. I want to be able to choose the color of the whole marker, not only part of it. So if I choose shade of red color, I want to see the whole marker the same color, but not green arrow with some parts of red. Make that toggleble (old style vs solid color) in settings is good for everyone.

Edited by Ruplay

Fireteams should also have a leader of its own, with the ability to deploy rally and ammo crates, possibly a limited type of defensive structures.

10 hours ago, MrSalty said:

Fireteams should also have a leader of its own, with the ability to deploy rally and ammo crates, possibly a limited type of defensive structures.

Oh please no more rally points!

I´m sorry but that keeps taking the game into the direction of "do whatever you want anyway there´s a rally point 30 mts to the south, so go die and spawn again maybe you kill him next time".

I'm gonna vote no to more rallies too. The game is rife with troop teleportation as it is. If the team wants more SLs to place assets just make more squads. 

+1 for fireteam names, and sure why not colour customization.

FT names and color customization sounds like it’s not a bad idea. Maybe leave a component of FT members green on the map so certain colors don’t get too confusing, but other than that, it would be a nice feature.