Pharanaiton

pixelated mess

Posted (edited)

Srry bout the title, don't want to be disrespectfull. When you look further then 150 meters (just picking random value, point is when you look far) the game becomes very pixelated.

since i don't know anything about game dev i was wondering if someone could explain a little bit on why that is?

Why don't other games have it? Is it an early acces thing that will be resolved? Is it a choice that had to be made?

Edited by Pharanaiton

engine is garbage .

but then again look at pubg that have same engine ....looks good to me

15 hours ago, Pharanaiton said:

Srry bout the title, don't want to be disrespectfull. When you look further then 80 meters (just picking random value) the game becomes very pixelated.

On what settings? I don’t think it’s a texture thing, and the LoD system was just reworked, so it might boil down to what your graphics settings are.

16 hours ago, Pharanaiton said:

Srry bout the title, don't want to be disrespectfull. When you look further then 80 meters (just picking random value) the game becomes very pixelated.

since i don't know anything about game dev i was wondering if someone could explain a little bit on why that is?

Why don't other games have it? Is it an early acces thing that will be resolved? Is it a choice that had to be made?

Pure speculation here but from my perspective over the 3 years I've been playing most if not all the textures on pretty much everything have been continuously downgraded for performance reasons to the point where its almost become art style.

Not like that's a bad thing, I personally wouldn't care if they made all the graphics fully art style because the focus for me is the overall gameplay not 8k Quixel Megascans graphics.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, TheRubbaPelican said:

On what settings? I don’t think it’s a texture thing, and the LoD system was just reworked, so it might boil down to what your graphics settings are.

I believe people who have high resolution monitor have no problem with this but i play 1080p and just high settings with 1.25 supersampling, and i have to tape my face against my screen to see in the distance. 80meters won't cover it it's more like couple of hundred meters so my bad on that one.

Edited by Pharanaiton

Did you set screen sharpening to 1? I tell people to set their game to 1080p or higher, Screen sharpening to 1.00, AA to TAA, and atleast 1.25 SuperSamp and then they always say the game looks so much different.

35 minutes ago, Pharanaiton said:

I believe people who have high resolution monitor have no problem with this but i play 1080p and just high settings with 1.25 supersampling, and i have to tape my face against my screen to see in the distance. 80meters won't cover it it's more like couple of hundred meters so my bad on that one.

I play on a 1366x768, and aside from having my textures on the lower side, I don’t seem to have too much pixelation... I’d try turning up the supersampling or changing antialiasing methods, maybe one of those will help.

Honestly, once the new SDK drops it will be interesting to see what resolution the textures are now because some of them look seriously low quality which would explain the massive fps gains I'm seeing in v13.

Again, I want to stress that I'd much rather have big maps with low resolution textures with good frame rates. Coming from old school Delta Force and Counter-Strike I'm used to pixelation.

Highly recommend this guide: 

We know it's not super great right now, and it's something that we'll likely touch on more once all systems and art assets are in the game, but the above guide is a good way to go in the meantime.