Sign in to follow this  
Gatzby

SquadChat - 12 - ft. Phil Merricks (May 17, 10:00 AM PDT, 1700 UTC)

Hey squaddies!

We’re hosted another SquadChat this Friday, May 17th, at 10:00 AM Pacific Time (1700 UTC) at https://www.twitch.tv/joinsquad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUECnfKxXXs

Our guest was Phil Merricks, a producer on Squad. Part man, part UAV, Phil is a driving force behind Squad and where we’re going! He’ll also take your questions, so bring your curiosity.

We’ll also be sure to archive the SquadChat on the YouTube Playlist.

OFFWORLD OUT.

Question, what direction is this game heading? Is it going to become more “arcadey” or continue to become slower and more “realistic” I have no preference either way and I bet you’ll catch flak for either option 

why is Squad heading towards the same direction the Battlefield franshise did?

2 hours ago, Phoenixstorm said:

Question: Is the game heading towards more realistic like Project Reality or are we going the opposite direction?

This is actually a good question.

If we could get a insight in the vision you Devs have. 

Lots of discussion and speculation where the game is heading, at least in my entourage. 

Question: Do you have any news for us on a official OWI Squad Tournament? 

Hi Gatzby and Phil,

I have a few questions:

1. How would you describe your role and responsibility as producer, especially in regards to game designers and creative art director? E.g. do you have the last word or are you more like a project manager that oversees total progress and keep everything together?

2. Although you joined in the middle of v13 development could you explain the decision process behind many surprising changes in v13 like the removal of insta death and speed updates? 

3. Phil you said in your April update that you have done several tours of duty on military shooters. What do you think is Squad lacking most in comparison? Where would you like to improve Squad that others already have while retaining Squads unique identity?

4. Last but not least since which version do you play Squad and how many hours do you have on your watch in Steam?

Thank you.