Sign in to follow this  
djbnw

RPG 29 Arming distance seems too long

Hi guys, 
I just played with the rpg29 and realised the arming distance is really far , like 20 meters or so (around 3 logi trucks distance or so).
Not sure if its a bug or intended or not , but I think it should be closer than that

I think this is done on purpose. The rpg29 is a longer distance weapon after all, not meant for being used up-close.

4 hours ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

I think this is done on purpose. The rpg29 is a longer distance weapon after all, not meant for being used up-close.

No RPG is, that doesn't mean they should be given artificially long arming distance

I haven't seen anything that implies it's arming distance is realistic in any way

On 5/14/2019 at 5:30 PM, Hotpokkaminny said:

No RPG is, that doesn't mean they should be given artificially long arming distance

I haven't seen anything that implies it's arming distance is realistic in any way

20 meters sounds about right, I think some older soviet RPG warheads were just impact detonated but RPG-7 and newer warheads arm after a couple rotations I think.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Sparcany said:

20 meters sounds about right, I think some older soviet RPG warheads were just impact detonated but RPG-7 and newer warheads arm after a couple rotations I think.

Thy arm after the primary rocket fuel is used after 10 meters then the secondary fuel is being used rotation and stabilization fins are engaged and then the warhead is armed and ready to detonate after it hits something.If the second fuel burn is not activated the warhead is inert and cannot explode. On some real life videos you can hear the sound it makes the two distinctive sounds when the rocket engages its second fuel burn.And you can see that as well.And the warhead has a system in place that enables the warhead to detonate after 5 seconds in flight in case it dose not hit the target,richoshes,or is being used against helicopters and is being fired in air on porous (and in real life it is being used agains helicopters in low flight).

Edited by Bahrein

Roughly 10 - 20 meters sounds right a logi is about 7 meters long so 2 or 3 logis distance sounds appropriate for arming.